+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I listen...

I listen...

I listen to 5 live a lot, too much news...every half hour, is this just to keep people employed?????

at the end of the news they give a travel bulletin, traffic jams and such like...

quite often they refer to...'a broken down vehicle'...I keep meaning to ring in one day and ask them if it's a manky brown coloured Austin Maxi, it was the first car I had and it really was a sad little bu gger way back then.

hmm, I wonder.

ray...in Batley.

re: I listen...

My first car was a 1968 Cortina Mk II, my second was 69 Mk II & the third was a 1970 Mk II 1600E...I guess I liked Cortinas, the 1600E was a bit special.

I got stopped at least twice a week in it..."Is this your car son"...yes officer, you stopped me two nights ago & asked me the same question...then over the radio it went...Romeo Echo Echo, 9 0 3 Hotel...I'll never forget that number plate.

re: I listen...

aussie...I have a brilliant one linked to my, and it's true, I always say that to make things up you need a fantastic imagination, I find it more natural just to say what really happened...often reality is much more amusing...

My surname is Gee...that's highly relevant to this tale...

I use to own a Skoda, in the days before Skodas became a decent car, I was never a car person, it was there to get me around nothing more.

I use to visit my sister in Sheffield, from Batley, my sister being one of these that seemed to think if you bought a new house you was going above yourself, she always seemed a bit jealous if you had something better than her, whereas possessions don't mean a lot to me...anyway I got rid of the Skoda and got a Ford Sierra, much, much better.

I was going down to Sheffield a few weeks later to see my sister, I knew what her thinking would be...

the registration of this car (and I still have the old tax disc in my wallet) was F565 AUG.

So, I turned up at Halfw

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)