+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to be positive

re: Time to be positive

What will make the ultimate difference is mental attitude and based on Stevenage (when we were unlucky), Swindon (when we were fortunate, but nearly won it), and Walsall (where we would have had 3pts but for twist of fate), we have got the right attitude.

It's a trite truism, but survival is down to: 1. the guys on the pitch; 2. SD and his team; and 3. us. Can't control or influence 1 or 2, but as fans we can play our role ... and we will.

COYRs

Quote Originally Posted by One_Dean_Ashton
    In other words... Change the record!

Now where's that "like it" button again?

There really are some "marriages made in heaven" on this board, one very close to this post!

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    He is not being Negative he is being Realistic,its a FACT what he says

That is correct, it`s a fact esp in football, other teams can count our woeful defensive record as an extra point and will be proven if we finish level on points with anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    He is not being Negative he is being Realistic,its a FACT what he says

That is correct, it`s a fact esp in football, other teams can count our woeful defensive record as an extra point and will be proven if we finish level on points with anyone![/quote]

zzzzzzzz

Keep Dreaming!

Think it's about time to re-ignite this thread.
    If some of you carry on any longer, we'll start to have stewards at the toilet doors dishing out knives!!

All that said, I do realise we are fast approaching crunch point. The phrase "must-win-game" is banded about too often. I never saw the Oldham game that way, nor Notts County or Coventry - BUT if the Vale do the bizz tonight, then Creepy will definitely qualify for the tag "in freefall". And I for one will see Saturday as a GREAT opportunity to get back on track. I may even go so far as to say this one is a "must win"!!

Wouldn't it be great if we could pack the away end for the biggest game yet? Ain't gonna happen but what a Wolves-like lift it would give the lads. Crawley will hardly be there in numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Think it's about time to re-ignite this thread.
    If some of you carry on any longer, we'll start to have stewards at the toilet doors dishing out knives!!

All that said, I do realise we are fast approaching crunch point. The phrase "must-win-game" is banded about too often. I never saw the Oldham game that way, nor Notts County or Coventry - BUT if the Vale do the bizz tonight, then Creepy will definitely qualify for the tag "in freefall". And I for one will see Saturday as a GREAT opportunity to get back on track. I may even go so far as to say this one is a "must win"!!

Wouldn't it be great if we could pack the away end for the biggest game yet? Ain't gonna happen but what a Wolves-like lift it would give the lads. Crawley will hardly be there in numbers!
    You are correct about Crawley. They are having a bad spell of form at present and looking at their run in, they have some tough matches coming up. However, I still re

I'm still (cautiously) optimistic - partly because I can't directly influence the results and it must be a miserable experience if you're relentlessly negative.

Agree about the 'must win' games, felt the players got a bit caught up in that on Saturday (what was it Dario used to say: 'great attitude, poor judgement'?) - a little less gung ho after we equalized and we might have had to settle for a draw but we would have ended the day in the same place in the league table as we started.

Easy with hindsight of course - and it's arguably a petty criticism of a great team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    I don't think everyone is sticking the knife in ...

Sorry, perhaps I was too cryptic!
    "dishing out knives" for those who want to slit their wrists!!

Quote Originally Posted by DGFG
    I'm still (cautiously) optimistic - partly because I can't directly influence the results and it must be a miserable experience if you're relentlessly negative.

Agree about the 'must win' games, felt the players got a bit caught up in that on Saturday (what was it Dario used to say: 'great attitude, poor judgement'?) - a little less gung ho after we equalized and we might have had to settle for a draw but we would have ended the day in the same place in the league table as we started.

Easy with hindsight of course - and it's arguably a petty criticism of a great team effort.
    hope the management team aren't labling games 'must win'. It's a tough task picking people up after losing something that you've called a must win game!

I'm still positive, and I don't see the point in harping on about things that we're all fully aware of such as poor signings and goals against. It looks like 4 teams from 6 to me. The two teams out of those six

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast