+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: waiting time

re: waiting time

God can work miracles Nuc, but he'd have an easier time moving Uluru to South Africa.

cmon peoples I'm all good.

What are your thoughts or old wives tales on waiting time between relationships???

The only 'theory/old wives tale' I've heard of, is waiting a year, so you've experienced/got through the full range of seasons/events (e.g. birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries/holidays/other significant dates) without them, first.

In reality, however, I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. As L says, I think people are often mentally in different places when a relationship physically ends, so that kind of dictates if and when a person feels they are ready to form a relationship with someone else.

Although I also agree with L that people generally just know when they are ready, I think sometimes it can catch you by surprise. My dad's partner had been resolutely single for over 10 years, and had absolutely no interest in meeting anyone else, despite fending off the attentions of men/well meaning friends wanting to play matchmaker. Then, one day, both she, and my dad just, by chance, happened to be both at the same place at the same time, got talking, and cupid fired his trus

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch
    Opinions please

I always worked on the theory that when a relationship had run its due course that 1-2 years is the amount of time it would take to mourn that relationship, and then time to potentially do it again. (that is what I did )

My brother took a couple of months

A mate of mine said 1 month per year you were with the ex.

I know every case is different, just wondering what others Think
    I've been single for over three years but my choice. If I ever get involved in another relationship it will be because I met someone amazing not for the sake of not being on my own and settling with anyone who'll have me.

A friend of mine recently separated from a long-term relationship and two weeks later he's dating someone.

Yeah, I just don't get the quick turn around, even a couple of weeks after a month of courting seems too soon to me.

Yubbs, I've noticed that guys in particular often seem to start dating again really quickly after coming out of long term relationships - it's like they've got to reassure themselves that they're still attractive, before then taking a break for a while ...

I'm always amazed how many people are scared of being single and feel less of a person, unless they're one half of someone else, jumping from one bad relationship into the next, rather than just enjoying their own company for a while. Totally agree with Oz - amazing person, not any person.

I've haven't had a great marriage the last 3-6 years, but the last 18months has been really ordinary.

I want to share my life with someone who will except me for who I am warts in all.

I still love my wife, and understand she's hurt, bitter, angry and resentful but I am very disappointed she will not consider a councilor again, and has just given up on 13years of marriage.

What ever happened to "till death do us part"

the problem is, that in this day and age, everything is about me me me, and everyone is so self-centered, they can't see the big picture.

There is no right or wrong yubby. It's what's right for you that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad
    There is no right or wrong yubby. It's what's right for you that counts.
    Using that logic rapists should carry on if it's right for them.

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch
    I've haven't had a great marriage the last 3-6 years, but the last 18months has been really ordinary.

I want to share my life with someone who will except me for who I am warts in all.

I still love my wife, and understand she's hurt, bitter, angry and resentful but I am very disappointed she will not consider a councilor again, and has just given up on 13years of marriage.

What ever happened to "till death do us part"

the problem is, that in this day and age, everything is about me me me, and everyone is so self-centered, they can't see the big picture.
    Failure to see the big picture or the consequences of actions taken. But you're right mate. We live in the time of me and the age of entitlement.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)