+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graham Turner and co.

Graham Turner and co.

Great to hear this morning that GT has accepted an invitation from the club to appear pitch side before kick off.

He will be with Bully and Mutch, Robbie and Thommo.

Please give him a shout for me, when he gets the great reception that he richly deserves.

re: Graham Turner and co.

It's a pity he's not the manager of Shrewsbury anymore for today's visit, but he left the club with his head held high. As stated many times on here, the spell under Graham Turner was part of my early years of following the club home and away. I have the utmost respect for him and will give him the reception he deserves.

I'm sure he'll get a brilliant reception today- absolute legend and still probably my favourite Wolves manager

Agree with all above but I would also say it was two Directorsly Dick Homden and Jack Harris together with Sir Jack Hayward ,who had the forsight to appoint Graham in October 1986,having virtually saved the club in August 1986 from extinction.The turning point for Graham was the signing of Andy Thompson,Steve Bull, Robbie Dennison and Ally Robertson.ALL EX BAGGIES !!!

Sir Jack Hayward wasn't involved in the appointment of Turner. Hayward didn't buy the club till 1990. The Gallaghers, Dick Homden and Jack Harris, also the local council involved in saving the club in 1986.

Yep - for all we owe Sir Jack, he wasn't involved when the Club was absolutely on it's knees. He came in when we were already on an up.

A great reception for Graham Turner, Bully, Mutchy, Thommo and Robbie Dennison before kick off, fully deserved as well.

They certainly did a magnificent job for the Wolves. I was pleased to be there to show my appreciation.

See link - view external link

I would of put the standing ovation link on but for some reason it's been removed from YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)