+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dons or Cally?

Dons or Cally?

Dons or Cally? Who do we support today... hope Cally but suspect The Dons will be too strong for them. Just hope its a good advertisement for Scottish Football played in the spirit of '91, just to prove to the English media (should really include Scottish media) and the followers of the ugly twosome there can be more to Football up here when neither of the poisonous pair are involved.

re: Dons or Cally?

Quote Originally Posted by skippy91
    Dons or Cally? Who do we support today... hope Cally but suspect The Dons will be too strong for them. Just hope its a good advertisement for Scottish Football played in the spirit of '91, just to prove to the English media (should really include Scottish media) and the followers of the ugly twosome there can be more to Football up here when neither of the poisonous pair are involved.
    Id like Caley to win it, they've had a right good team over the last couple of seasons and had buugger all to show for it. Whereas Aberdeen have had one good season and will probably win the double and get second.

John Hughes is an utter clown and is a prime example of what's wrong with Scottish Football (and England for that matter). It's a gravy train and cartel, once your foot gets on the ladder its almost impossible to fall of it no matter how utterly gash you are as a manager. Mark Hughes is another in England, does buugger all but gets a top te

Too true JH is a prize fud and going by results & goals conceeded since he took over at ICT they appear to have gone backwards,hope so we still have to play them 3 times. Glad we have guy like SMc in charge there are some prize doughnuts currently waiting for a ticket on the gravy train. Major mistake by ICT board not appoint Paul Hartley when they had a chance.

I just hope it is a good game. If I had to pick one, I would go for the underdog. However I think Aberdeen are a far better team, so I would expect them to win by a couple of goals.I'll go 3-1.

I was surprised when hughes got the caley job, but i hope they pump aberdeen today. As said in a previous post, they've had one good season and could possibly win the double. Had it not been for last minute goals and dodgy refereeing decisions they probably wouldn't be anywhere near where they are... That's the rants of a very frustrated well fan by the way.

We're not involved so I couldn't care less who wins or whether it's a good advertisement for Scottish Football. I'm just ****ing sick that we're going to see yet another non Old Firm club lift silverware while we have got nowhere near it.

It makes it all the more galling that we turned in such a pitiful sh&tebag performance against the Dons in the Quarter Final when they were down to ten men for 77 minutes and we couldn't even muster a shot on target. That night summed up McCall as a boss with his inability to motivate and set the team up properly and yet again showed that we as a club have a yellow streak as wide as the clyde running through the middle of us and that's why we will never achieve anything of note in the game again because such performances are just shrugged off with 'We're only Motherwell'.

Would it make you feel a lot better if one of the gruesome two some won it? Dearie dear why does everything have to be so glum, looking forward to what hopefully will be a good game and a victory for ICT.

To be honest it would be slightly less hard to stomach seeing one of them lift it because their resources are far greater than ours are. However to see a non Old Firm club do it reminds me that it is possible, more than possible for that matter for silverware to be won by clubs like us, however we've got nowhere near it all while in recent times, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Dundee United, St.Mirren and either Aberdeen or Inverness will have won a trophy. Our performances in cup matches is utterly disgraceful, especially under McCall and this season we blew a superb chance to get at least into the semis of an open competition with Celtic already out, yet we failed miserably.

So, I couldn't care less who wins or what type of game it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman
    To be honest it would be slightly less hard to stomach seeing one of them lift it because their resources are far greater than ours are. However to see a non Old Firm club do it reminds me that it is possible, more than possible for that matter for silverware to be won by clubs like us, however we've got nowhere near it all while in recent times, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Dundee United, St.Mirren and either Aberdeen or Inverness will have won a trophy. Our performances in cup matches is utterly disgraceful, especially under McCall and this season we blew a superb chance to get at least into the semis of an open competition with Celtic already out, yet we failed miserably.

So, I couldn't care less who wins or what type of game it is today.
    As someone who thinks that Scottish football would be better of without the bigot brothers, I am delighted neither of them are there. No sectarian bile coming from the terraces .A genuine atmosphere o

No sectarianism bile being spouted from the terraces from either set of fans make it easier for me to stomach no matter which team wins. With the added addition of no winging or accusations of petty bigotry from the losing teams knuckledraggers with regards the officials.

Ps this should not be confused with the legitimate claims of poor decision-making which took place at Casltegrey Skull last week by the man in black.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)