+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loovens & OO8

re: Loovens & OO8

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro
    You say that with such pride bannochops - I suppose finishing higher than the more illustrious neighbours is the only achievable aim you have these days.

When it comes to glory though, I think you'll agree that reaching an FA Cup semi final trumps avoiding relegation in the Championship. The 2013/14 season has been all about United.

"glory"...if it was a choice Katch, would you rather avoid relegation or reach the semi final..I'm pretty sure a semi final would be soon forgotten if relegation followed in May...you can't compare the two, avoiding relegation is the obvious priority every season.

You say that with such pride bannochops - I suppose finishing higher than the more illustrious neighbours is the only achievable aim you have these days.

When it comes to glory though, I think you'll agree that reaching an FA Cup semi final trumps avoiding relegation in the Championship. The 2013/14 season has been all about United.

Now we all no for sure to take anything you write with a pinch of salt (as if we didn't already).

So if it had been us that reached the semi-final we would have been happy even if we had ended up back in division 3 with you at the end of the season?
    I think not.
    Enjoy your 4th successive season in division 3, at least you got to a semi-final, even though in another thread you have stated to Banno that certain league results are more important than winning semi-finals. Make your mind up.

Couple of bizarre responses. Surely any fan would want to achieve in the league AND win through to a semi final. If there was a South Yorkshire season review of the 2013/14 campaign United's cup run would be take precedent over you slumping to safety by drawing at home to Yeovil and beating 9 men Barnsley.

But we've lurched OT. Back to the Dutchmen and the Gooch - I'll be surprised if either of them are with you next season, as such.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And there goes a reply of a very desperate man.

Couple of bizarre responses. Surely any fan would want to achieve in the league AND win through to a semi final. If there was a South Yorkshire season review of the 2013/14 campaign United's cup run would be take precedent over you slumping to safety by drawing at home to Yeovil and beating 9 men Barnsley.

But we've lurched OT. Back to the Dutchmen and the Gooch - I'll be surprised if either of them are with you next season, as such.
    Yes any fan would want to achieve success in both league and cup. Unless you win the cup your league failure ultimately trumps your cup run as barring a m***cle it means you will be playing 3rd division football again next season.

The priority at the start for you was promotion.

Our aim was to improve on last season. This was made very difficult by our start to the season but now looks possible in terms of both points and position.

As for Loovens and Gooch not playing for us next season, who w

b/s, get to the final or forget it like the rest of us will.
    i have trouble remembering who won last seasons cup, i certainly don't remember who was in the semi.
    WEDNESDAY is where the majority of sheffield watch there football!

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboywonder
    Yes any fan would want to achieve success in both league and cup. Unless you win the cup your league failure ultimately trumps your cup run as barring a m***cle it means you will be playing 3rd division football again next season.

Our aim was to improve on last season. This was made very difficult by our start to the season but now looks possible in terms of both points and position.

As for Loovens and Gooch not playing for us next season, who will star man Brayford turn out for?
    A third tier team winning through to the last 4 of the greatest cup competition in world domestic football - yep it's a big deal, just your bitterness and resentment is preventing you from recognising it. You're as bitter as braggy.

Some real sensitive and delicate souls on this thread, all I said is Loovens and Onyewu won't be with you next season and you take this as a slight.

As for the B

As for Loovens and Gooch not playing for us next season, who will star man Brayford turn out for?
    A third tier team winning through to the last 4 of the greatest cup competition in world domestic football - yep it's a big deal, just your bitterness and resentment is preventing you from recognising it. You're as bitter as braggy.

Some real sensitive and delicate souls on this thread, all I said is Loovens and Onyewu won't be with you next season

Some real sensitive and delicate souls on this thread, all I said is Loovens and Onyewu won't be with you next season

As I said before lads, desperate posting from a desperate man...

Enjoy your game against Hull katch...

We know we will.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)