+ Visit Oldham Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chaddy End vs Rochdale Road End

Chaddy End vs Rochdale Road End

Regarding the recent debate about still having the Chaddy has the home end, or relocating to the Rochdale Road End.

I have mixed feelings about this. The Chaddy has always been our end, and is recognised as such by all home and away fans. However, since it was made all seater, we dropped down the divisions, crowds have dropped, and we've had a stand demolished (although not for long), it has lost all it's atmosphere.

I feel there are various factors (pretend we have got a few million quid here), ie. the roof needs replacing, it's too low and pitched, therefore the acoustics are diminished. For those of us who remember the standing Chaddy, the roof was quite a bit higher and bigger, it also held double what it does now. The posts which hold up the roof restrict peoples view, no matter where you sit.

I believe the home end at any ground should be the biggest end, regardless of the crowds we get. If we had the money, I would make the Chaddy the same as Tranmere's home end (now that's a

re: Chaddy End vs Rochdale Road End

Some good points there. I am and always will be a Chaddy Ender as I'm a traditionalist. I admit it is miserable in there at times but maybe the new stand will stop some of the noise escaping! We can only hope as I can't see us spending a lot on refurbishing the Chaddy on such low gates.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)