+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Worst Towns/Cities You've Ever Visited ?

re: The Worst Towns/Cities You've Ever Visited ?

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearDevice
    Luton
    Port Talbot
    Parts of London, especially south of the river, places like Deptford, Tottenham, Streatham.
    Croydon
    Rhyl
    L8 - don't know what it's like these days, but Toxteth in the 80's/90's wasn't pleasant
    Hull
    Runcorn
    Weston Super mare.

Never been there but I imagine parts of the north east are awful - Hartlepool, Middlesborough and S****horpe spring to mind.

And outside the UK, I must add Usti Nad Labem in the Czech Republic. Like Runcorn, but worse.
    Interesting pick Nuclear with Port talbot. Its known as Port toilet in Swansea. I do agree but the beach is nice and at night the steel works looks kind of space age.

Its a bit like having a nice beach in the middle of newtown. Very odd place.

My pick would be

Southend
    Coventry
    Most of Birmingham is horrible but makes up for it with nice people.

As no-one else has yet mentioned it, I will.

Slough.

How can we all have missed that gem off the list.

LMV - Aylesbury's a bit harsh. Its done a lot over the years to improve the center. All they have to do now is knock down the 30 storey concrete council office monstrosity that looms over the town and casts a shadow over the whole of Bucks and they make it on to the "it's an OK place to live" list.

Manchester near Maine Rd, Citeh's old haunt
    Stoke
    Brighton
    Chester (all mud)
    Cardiff
    Tampa
    Savannah

Nuc,
    The problem I have with Aylesbury is the road system. It's just a horrible place to drive through.
    I have to go through it regularly and it drives me insane!!!!

A lot of my colleagues lice there and they agree its come a long way since its: development (even has a Waitrose now so it must be cool) but I still hate the place with a passion.

L x

It depends where you're heading but from MK you come from Wing to Bierton and cut cut through to A41 if you're going South Eastish.
    But I know what a mare it can be in the mornings as all roads in and out of tbere tend to go through the town causing gridlock. No fun at all.

Nuc,

I work in Tring - and often need to head to oxford...
    To avoid Aylesbury I tend to go the back way to Thame m40 and that way...

I have a new place for my list - Newbury... The road signs and lane layout is shockingly bad...

L x

A lot of my colleagues lice there and they agree its come a long way since its: development (even has a Waitrose now so it must be cool) but I still hate the place with a passion.

L x[/quote]

I hate licing away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemissvillain
    Nuc,

I work in Tring - and often need to head to oxford...
    To avoid Aylesbury I tend to go the back way to Thame m40 and that way...

I have a new place for my list - Newbury... The road signs and lane layout is shockingly bad...

L x
    Oxford will be a fun journey once they start wasting billions on HS2 , and close roads, & build new ones around Wendover, Stoke Mande**** and Stone :/ :/ That'll be commuting hell. Then again, Aren't they supposed to building an MK - Oxford rail link ?

Used to live & work in Aylesbury, and disliked the place with a vengeance. That said when I was a kid the best venue around was Friars (now bulldozed) where all the best punk/alternative bands used to come and play in part due to the promoter's contacts. Travelled up there a lot & saw some great gigs there .

Cant believe V I L L E of Mandeville gets blocked . C'mon mods surely time to allow use of good English town'ss again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)