+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baker Interview.

Baker Interview.

Utter *******s! Work ethic excellent ffs. Jervis was non existant and the diamond shape, ffs just play football.

1 Single chance in the second half. ****ing useless negative football.

re: Baker Interview.

I have to say that I really don't know where Barker goes from here. I have stayed back from slagging the bloke off because when he came in and he said that he would sort the defence out first, a bit of a cliche but I thought yes, start there and go on. And to be fair, things did look up but he hasn't gone on from there, where are the goals? I started supporting Pompey in the late 50s and never before have I got to the stage where I no longer expect them to win but I have now, it's like a bad dream. I really don't think that slagging the players off and saying that a lot of them will be off-loaded in the summer is a good management technique. I hate being pessimistic but I am now and really can't see how we can avoid relegation. So much optimism a year ago and now Portsmouth going out of the Football League, as I've said, a bad dream. Cheer me up someone please.

I'm with you Algernon, you pretty much mirror what I have said on Blueadder's York thread..Think we are all going to be off to the Docs suffering from depression at this rate..is there a medical condition called "Pompey syndrome" ?

That is not cheering me up! But alas I am suffering from 'Pompey syndrome', thank goodness you diagnosed it. Maybe I can get something for it? Like 20 pints?

It's a curry and lots of beer for me! But, on your point, what planet is Barker on? If we are going to stay in this division, we are going to need goals and a fair few of them. As you say - one chance in the second half - at HOME.

I'm going to have to look up how to get to the Ray Mac next season!

He's not helping himself by letting the likes of Connolly go and not playing Racon and then replacing them with players like McCabe who had a poor debut today. This team just lacks so much quality going forward it's a struggle to see how we're going to score the goals to survive.

We're without Chorley for four games now too so we can kiss those clean sheets goodbye.

why four games jim, I thought straight red was three

Jim, Connolly was a no brainer. Have it on good authority that he refused to train because the ground was soggy & then because the astroturf hurt his knees.
    Went to Oxford & trained impressively...
    A bad apple it seems & if its one thing RB has got right its loaning him out.

Never the less he has scored pretty much as many goals since he has been on loan as our entire team with all of its new signings/highly feted loanees etc. Bad apple he may be but would his goals keep us in the league ? Get him back.
    Think how Harry used to cosset Ledley King with his dodgy bits and pieces, even we did it with Kanu.

It really is awful football. I know we are all Pompey but 14800 turn up to watch that crap is terrible. As said we need goals but just 5 goals in two months is relegation stuff.

Barker has stated he will get us moving two months ago.

We are a laughing stock.

One thing of positivity is that we are moving in the right direction off the pitch. We should be honest with this for not playing in league 7 last year.

But we are getting close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)