+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dundee

re: Dundee

On arrival at dens last night I was astonished at the ****ager in front of me getting a full body frisk by the steward, me arriving next entered with my son without being questioned .Have never seen this before at a scottish game, as game progressed as Dundee scored stewards ejected queens fan despite protestations of travel club stalwarts. Considering the number of queens fans present and the generally good behaviour of our fans it is disgraceful that paying customers are treated in such a poor way.
    Football is meant to be a an entertainment business and customers are being driven away by being treated like vermin for daring to create an atmosphere . As others have stated old firm fans would not be treated in this way. I have seen unacceptable behaviour over the years but nobody appeared out of order at all last night and it was like the underemployed jobsworths wanted to appear in control.

On the actual football last night there was little between the teams again. Dundee are not great shakes and Boyle's pace was there main threat. We definitely were the better team first half but Dundee pressed us second half and controlled the midfield for a long period.
    Our team is well organised and defence is pretty sound now , Durnan is as good as any defender in the league and his hobbling at the end last night is a major concern. Holt would be my choice at left back. Our biggest problem is a lack of pace in midfield and attack which generally means teams know we are not going to get in behind them and end up defending with a high line ,last season Nicky Clark's pace and playing with more width stretched the opposition giving central players more space and the option of runners who could outpace defenders. Appreciate opposition now is better but this I feel is our main shortcoming and all recent additions have not really given us any new options.

[quote="blazerman"]First time I have posted on here for a while but feel duty bound regarding the disgusting treatment the young Queens fans received from the Dens park stewards.
    Incident one On approaching the turnstyles I witnessed about 15 young Queens fans who support the club home and away been searched from top to bottom and even forced to remove jackets and jumpers before entering the ground.When I eventually reached the front of the queue I expected the same treatment as surely it should be the same rule for all but to my surprise I was ushered straight through the turnstyle.
    Incident 2 throughout the match 3 to 4 stewards stood behind the youngsters intimidating and harassing them all game and eventually throwing one young lad out due to constantly jumping up supporting his team.I pointed out that the Dundee sections were constantly standing and jumping up and supporting their team but was given a load of tripe about the rules being different in th

Quote Originally Posted by rjc_1988
    I must admit that I disagree on the subject of staying up. With the depth of squad that we have I still feel that failure to get a Play Off spot will represent a very disappointing outcome indeed. Yes there is the consolation prize of Rangers and Hearts but we should not be looking at things from that perspective.

We must have the strongest bench every week in this League - last night we had Holt, McKenna, Carmichael, McHugh, Kidd, Russell as subs - Kevin, Derek Young,Pat Slattery didn't even make the bench. Make no mistake for this level of football we have a very decent squad and failure to stay up would represent massive under achievement.

I don't think we are punching our full weight given the players at our disposal but only my opinion.
    I hear what you say, but given the fact at the end of last season we lost our manager, top scorer and an excellent goalkeeper, who we have struggled to replace, I don't think we've done too b

Everybody has their own view on things but I feel as though we have potentially missed a big opportunity this year. I don't think we should be so many points behind a Dundee side that look little better than us and our failure to sign a solid keeper to replace Robinson was a big blunder and cost us a lot of points early on.

Personally I think our club and supporters suffer from a slight lack of ambition. It is almost as if QOS has a place in the pecking order and we should not stray too far from that. I think the current Board are ambitious and I think they would not see mid table as a good outcome this year.

Ross county have bucked the trend and with a bit more belief and better backing from the Dumfries public we have the capability to do likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinQOS
    stewards at Dundee need to be reported. man handling a 17 year old boy because he told them that manners cost nothing resulting him being kicked out of the stadium and left outside for the last 30 mins of the game
    All right lads Dundee fan here, very disappointed to hear that once again you lads have encountered heavy handed and over the top stewarding at Dens.

Firstly the stewards should not be man handling anyone, they have no legal right whatsoever to lay a finger on any fan unless they are licensed stewards and have completed the relevant training and recieved the proper and official licencing board accreditation which they must then display on their person in a form of a badge with their photo on etc etc.

Even then they can only remove a person by the ground by handling them if the person refuses to leave after being asked,and even then it must not be done by excesssive force if the person is not resisting etc etc.

Any stew

Quote Originally Posted by rjc_1988
    Everybody has their own view on things but I feel as though we have potentially missed a big opportunity this year. I don't think we should be so many points behind a Dundee side that look little better than us and our failure to sign a solid keeper to replace Robinson was a big blunder and cost us a lot of points early on.

Personally I think our club and supporters suffer from a slight lack of ambition. It is almost as if QOS has a place in the pecking order and we should not stray too far from that. I think the current Board are ambitious and I think they would not see mid table as a good outcome this year.

Ross county have bucked the trend and with a bit more belief and better backing from the Dumfries public we have the capability to do likewise.
    County also have been bankrolled by a wealthy businessman and had their Academy financed by the Highlands Council ..

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65
    stewards at Dundee need to be reported. man handling a 17 year old boy because he told them that manners cost nothing resulting him being kicked out of the stadium and left outside for the last 30 mins of the game
    All right lads Dundee fan here, very disappointed to hear that once again you lads have encountered heavy handed and over the top stewarding at Dens.

Firstly the stewards should not be man handling anyone, they have no legal right whatsoever to lay a finger on any fan unless they are licensed stewards and have completed the relevant training and recieved the proper and official licencing board accreditation which they must then display on their person in a form of a badge with their photo on etc etc.

Even then they can only remove a person by the ground by handling them if the person refuses to leave after being asked,and even then it must not be done by excesssive force if

Quote Originally Posted by jzee
    On arrival at dens last night I was astonished at the ****ager in front of me getting a full body frisk by the steward, me arriving next entered with my son without being questioned .Have never seen this before at a scottish game, as game progressed as Dundee scored stewards ejected queens fan despite protestations of travel club stalwarts. Considering the number of queens fans present and the generally good behaviour of our fans it is disgraceful that paying customers are treated in such a poor way.
    Football is meant to be a an entertainment business and customers are being driven away by being treated like vermin for daring to create an atmosphere . As others have stated old firm fans would not be treated in this way. I have seen unacceptable behaviour over the years but nobody appeared out of order at all last night and it was like the underemployed jobsworths wanted to appear in control.
    Just like to add that it wasn't just 'youngs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)