+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If the unthinkable happens and

re: If the unthinkable happens

Quote Originally Posted by housecaptain
    I am behind Mr; Refhater all the way about Sheerin and our results and displays this season.For him to be retained as the manager of A.F.C. should we be relegated is un-thinkable and I for one will be selective in the games I would attend next season.
    Thanks for the backing housecaptain. Great minds think alike eh?

At what point do we say enough is enough? The season began miserably, yet patience endured. Results picked up here and there with the good form of Alan Cook and the thankful addition of Lee Erwin (where would we be now if it wasn't for him?)on loan. Most fans remained faithful and patiently waited for an improvement. Yet, insipid display followed insipid display.

Continually our defence let us down. Although we remained faithful that there was enough quality in the squad to have little thought of relegation threat. I even recall many a supporter on these pages stating that we looked 'good enough' or had 'enough qu

Careful what you wish for Mr R. The grass is not always greener...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Refhater
    I am behind Mr; Refhater all the way about Sheerin and our results and displays this season.For him to be retained as the manager of A.F.C. should we be relegated is un-thinkable and I for one will be selective in the games I would attend next season.
    Thanks for the backing housecaptain. Great minds think alike eh?

At what point do we say enough is enough? The season began miserably, yet patience endured. Results picked up here and there with the good form of Alan Cook and the thankful addition of Lee Erwin (where would we be now if it wasn't for him?)on loan. Most fans remained faithful and patiently waited for an improvement. Yet, insipid display followed insipid display.

Continually our defence let us down. Although we remained faithful that there was enough quality in the squad to have little thought of relegation threat. I even recall many a supporter on these pages stati

We are a small provincial football club with part time players. We are never going to be in the top flight of Scottish football. Realistically our level is in the bottom two leagues. The club cannot afford to pay big wages so the players who are likely to sign for us are not going to be top players, but as it has been said on another thread, players and managers come and go but the main thing is that the club survives.
    I was taken along to Gayfield as a boy and lifted over the turnstiles by my father in the 1950s and have followed the fortunes of the club wherever I have been since then. AFC is in my heart and blood and no matter who is manager or whatever league we are in I will continue to follow. Yes, I have criticised the players and managers over the years. And I've felt the disappointments and the joys of the ups and downs over the years, but always come back to Gayfield to watch MY team.
    So it's with great disappointment that I read that Mr Refhater won't be there next season.

By the way, stop being so pedantic and condescending ectolichtie.[/quote]

If I appeared "pedantic and condescending", it was not my intension, for that I apologise

Quote Originally Posted by Bellevue
    So it's with great disappointment that I read that Mr Refhater won't be there next season. His posts are always entertaining and worth reading whether you agree with him or not and I hope that he will have second thoughts. Who else is going to write with such passion and venom about the Scottish football officials who turn up on Saturday afternoons? So come on Mr Refhater, the club needs your money and deep down I hope that you feel like I do and need the club.
    Very kind of you! I really appreciate these words Bellevue...

Interesting thread, its great to read differing views and what different individuals would like to see happen.
    I really hope we don't see an aeroplane flying over Gayfield display a "Sheerin Must Go" banner (Take note Ref_hater!!!!)
    At the end of the day, its not the committee, the management team or the individual players I support, its the club.
    Whatever division we are in next season and whoever we have in the dugout, I will go and sit in the freezing cold wind and horizontal rain with my kids (why should they get away with it!!) at Gayfield and support the club.
    C'mon the Lichties

[quote="DougLichtie" banner (Take note Ref_hater!!!!)[/quote]

Dinnae much fancy flying over Gayfield Doug. Nae with all those high winds were gettin down there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)