+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If the unthinkable happens and

If the unthinkable happens and

we do go down then I will still be buying my season ticket and supporting the Manager and the team.

I like a bit of loyalty and imo PS/SP deserves this from the club after what they have achieved for us even with a bad season this year.

Hopefully we do stay up but if not and we can keep the likes of Travis/Hammy/Linn/Nicoll/Banjo/Cook/McManus/Doc and the youngsters coming through then that would be a decent squad for an attempt to win another title next season.

Support the Red Lichties.

re: If the unthinkable happens and

Ha Ha Ha ha ops fell over. Ha ha

No matter what league we are in, the manager does deserve until Christmas, to show that he can take the club forward, but the squad needs rebuilding, Linn, McManus, Cook, Travis, Nichol and Little, and hope the Laddies continue to improve, but as for the rest they are gone

A solid goalkeeper would help to build the team around, no offense to Morrison, but we let in far too many easy goals this year. Some of that is the defense to blame.

Its a pity Rab Douglas went to Forfar as he would have been a good choice.

Football Merchandise

The manager does not deserve such support. His time should be up. We look, almost certainly, doomed for life in league 2 next season. The manager is still living on past glories, particularly winning the Division 3 title. We have been in steady decline for two seasons. The committee should act quickly and replace him. At the same time, ensure they rid the club of the deadwood, i.e. horrific performing players such as Ross Chisholm, Alex Keddie, Scott Morrison, possibly even Colin Hamilton too! We need to start again with a new man at the helm. Only if we remain up should Paul Sheerin remain. Our club has been overly patient. We have spiraled so low that we no longer look to have the gumption required to escape the mire we are in!

I ain't clairvoyant, and I would never lie about this, but I saw this coming. The warning signs were evident as early as pre-season, more so in retrospect of the cup defeats to Stenhousemuir and Montrose.

The football has been truly woeful at times. I've bee

Replace the manager with whom?

We spent over 20 years changing managers each one worse than the one that was replaced, there are no guarantee that changing managers will improve our fortunes, so always be careful what you wish for

It's time for a change, no matter what lies ahead under a new manager. Sheerin has had his chance. He's made so many mistakes and not learned from them. We're heading down and yet we should be good enough to remain in this league. We could be the biggest club in Angus. The club has been mismanaged this season and certainly for parts of the previous one. The team has never been able to defend! We're heading in the wrong direction because of the man who makes the decisions every Saturday afternoon. That is my material point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Refhater
    It's time for a change, no matter what lies ahead under a new manager. Sheerin has had his chance. He's made so many mistakes and not learned from them. We're heading down and yet we should be good enough to remain in this league. We could be the biggest club in Angus. The club has been mismanaged this season and certainly for parts of the previous one. The team has never been able to defend! We're heading in the wrong direction because of the man who makes the decisions every
    Saturday afternoon. That is my material point.
    We all share your frustration and disappointment at the performances this season. I suppose the main difference in attitudes relates to experience. Those who have lived through this cycle many times recognise a management team who are trying to do the right things, but not always getting it right. They still have time within their contract to turn things round. For me, that's a much better bet than going bac

re: If the unthinkable happens

What's unthinkable about being relegated? We have only won 6 games all season and there are only 6 league games left. Is it really believable that we can take enough points from them to stay up? Not as far as I can see.
    Changes will have to be made for next season, whatever league we are in, if we are to be competitive and start moving in the right direction. Easier said than done, but attendances will fall if there is no improvement in performances on the pitch and I suspect the manager will stand or fall by results early next season.

re: If the unthinkable happens

Hey don't undersell us - we've won 7 so far this season. Can we reach double figures?

Nothing unthinkable about relegation for the Lichties. Three times we've been relegated in the past 11 seasons.

I'm tempted to say that it can be a bit boring staying around in the same division for more than a couple of seasons but it might be nice to be in the active hunt for survival.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)