+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnes and Baird

Barnes and Baird

I hope his injury isn't too serious. I thought he was great last night. Ran himself into the ground, and created the second goal with that pass to Jones. Protected the ball really well under pressure.

Baird was again solid at right back. Good defensive display, and made quite a few telling passes into feet on the edge of the area.

They've fitted into the 'group' well. Whatever the side on Saturday, we'll give em a good game.

re: Barnes and Baird

For me these two have made the difference from last time we had a 'blip' when we had injury and suspension problems.

In SD we trust.

re: Barnes and Baird

If we are to go into the next two games with Barnes, Tripps, Ings and Marney out (and the last two are given) I hope SD can work his magic and get a couple of loans in. Even if they warm the bench it should be an incentive for some players to come here now given the prospects to be gained by not faltering in the run in. I think the window closes Thursday at 5pm