+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: whats happened ?

re: whats happened ?

[quote="AstonAlex"]No fee for Byron in the summer - he is too old!

As to what's happened, as many have said there is a lack of a passer of the ball in the middle of the park. Osman was fine alongside Murphy; he tackled, got the ball and gave it to Luke and didn't try to do anything beyond his capabilities. This season he has not had anyone alongside him with Luke's talent and, as a result, has tried to do more himself . . . with laughable results unfortunately.

Grant had his well advertised attitude problems before Christmas, since when he has looked a decent player and we missed him a lot on Tuesday. He and Evans work OK together, but without him there is no mobility in the middle of the park and no midfielder making forward runs as Grant does.

I think that SD can be criticised for his loan signings. Chuks has been outstanding, of course, and Evans was an improvement on what we had when he first joined. Mesca and Park were pretty laughable (esp Park

A/L and Proggs should be in the HALL OF SHAME Both get Suspended if not careful with language been warned before.

Proggs is a legend on this board y`know!

73 goals in our net... had loans in every position except for defence??

[quote="AstonAlex"]No fee for Byron in the summer - he is too old!

As to what's happened, as many have said there is a lack of a passer of the ball in the middle of the park. Osman was fine alongside Murphy; he tackled, got the ball and gave it to Luke and didn't try to do anything beyond his capabilities. This season he has not had anyone alongside him with Luke's talent and, as a result, has tried to do more himself . . . with laughable results unfortunately.

Grant had his well advertised attitude problems before Christmas, since when he has looked a decent player and we missed him a lot on Tuesday. He and Evans work OK together, but without him there is no mobility in the middle of the park and no midfielder making forward runs as Grant does.

I think that SD can be criticised for his loan signings. Chuks has been outstanding, of course, and Evans was an improvement on what we had when he first joined. Mesca and Park were pretty laughable (esp Park

Quote Originally Posted by grestycatt
    73 goals in our net... had loans in every position except for defence??
    No more loans coming either, as the deadline has passed.

AlexMick. "My opinion is that without the academy, there would be no Crewe Alex. It has to continue"..

Of course its about opinions Mick but I happen to disagree with that statement that has been said so many times its unbelievable. What evidence do we have that we would not have survived L2 only maybe one bit and that was when Dario took us up the mountain of the Championship and down the leagues almost to non league and that was WITH the academy?

How many teams are now in L1 and L2 that are of similar size and gates and many a lot worse and don't have any Academy and 30 million quid in incoming transfer fees?

Its darn stupid that the Board have just taken in how many millions from Powell and Murphy and all the gate receipts of TV and wembley and we have to resort to the LOAN market like as though we were skint like a Rochdale or many others still surviving in these leagues.

Nobody is saying we should not have an Academy but I have always maintained for a long time that UNLESS

My belief is that Crewe Alexandra is possibly the best run club in all the football leagues. We have a Board composed of football fans, all Directors live in the UK, and none are billionaires. (The Hassall business I find unfathomable and uncomfortable.)

Our Academy is our bedrock, our foundation for longevity, and 'jewel in the football crown'. Without it we would not now exist, or we would have followed the likes of Barrow and Stockport.

I can see through PR spin (something that I have proved time and again from both sides of the fence for many years), and I have in my career developed commercial 'mantras', so they do not fool me.

Our football club is composed of human beings and as such they cannot be perfect - but I believe they are a lot better than most. I do not want Directors to shovel cash into the club and then 'own' it; I want the club to remain independent, stable and viable. I want the club to be an integral part of the community; create stars of the future; give us the

Given that the Academy has more than paid for itself and continues to do so. Not to mention it's contribution to the main stand and ground improvements, the improved facilities at Reaseheath, and covering the club's losses over the last 20+ years (whilst lending millions to a director...), I find it hard to understand why anyone would be against it.

The club has developed a model which makes them financially stable and ensures that the club will still be here long after the directors have passed on. Anybody who suggests we ought to scrap it is a fool.

All I am asking for is for the club to allow 'some' of our millions to go towards the first team to enable us to survive in L1 as a minimum.

If we are happy that most other clubs in L1 with comparable gates who haven't had our millions and can sign better players than us or indeed happy with L2 then so be it..

Facilities are great to have but 90 mins with less better facilities and I have seen the worst at Gresty Road doesn't really bother me personally.

The academy has proved itself to avoid the need for Directors to be under any pressure to add funds and for one to take funds out with the consent of the other directors is something that can never be understood by any fan.

I know that I was screaming for Dario to sign a couple of players when we went 20 games in the Championship without winnning and survived by goal difference by beating Coventry on the last day of the season and Gillingham losing. That was with a guaranteed 3 million just received from the Ashton transfer. We t

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast