+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Davie Irons

re: Davie Irons

Btw, if Davie Irons DID nearly screw up Gretnas promotion, wouldnt that have gained him hero status with the majority of CUFC fans?
    Strange little argument you put forward there!!

Aye Irons was keen enough of taking a big wage of Mileson but when the going got tough he jumped ship!

So what should he have done then oh wise one?
    Gretna were finished, (probably as much by the SPL as anything else) but you are suggesting he should have sacrificed himself in some way are you, and given up supporting his family?

He'd made enough money off Mileson to afford to see it out to the bitter end like anybody with a bit of guts might have done.

Him and Alexander must have made a small fortune over the years at Gretna.

Aye all very pious of you Nobby.
    Just three quick questions:

1/ If a rival company to the one you earn a living from offered you a far better rate of pay than you were currently receiving, you would refuse it, yeh? Out of your deeply felt loyalty to your current employer naturally.
    2/ If you saw your livelihood being compromised, you would obviously sacrifice yourself and your families well being, rather than moving on and putting it down to experience?
    3/ Why are you so concerned with events at another club, that most on here couldn't care a damn about?

I'm self employed! X-D

Doesna matter how you dress it up Irons is still a grade one plonker.

Only Rowan Alexander could beat him on that score!

Oh self employed, eh? Clever boy
    Does that account for your totally unrealistic expectations regarding employees loyalty to employers? :/

I am genuinly intridged. I have no agenda other than a desire to know after reading this thread why Davie Iron's could be considered or not considered to be a clown?

What i have learn is that there is a difference of opinion, and that one person has publically stated this postion and is i think we all agree entitled to this view, fair enough but what i and possibly a few other would like to know is what are the reasons he is considered to be a clown? or possible theories? I'm not sure if this is a footballing matter or an issue of character? Fair enough people thinking or even stating he is a clown but please give us the rational behind this view?

It's a bit like me saying Joey Barton is a gob****e, i am prepared to back this up with reasons, example, incidents and facts.

Irons would have been instrumental in the arrival of Nacho Novo - probably one of the worst signings ever made (and that's saying something!)

Anybody that had seen Novo playing for Morton (a team Irons used to manage) had said he was finished.

I haven't got any top coaching badges like Kavanagh and Irons but one look at Novo should have had alarm bells ringing. Irons is meant to be a top scout!

I seem to recall hearing that Novo was a Tony Caig signing?
    Good effort Nob.
    (Delegate in future!
    get one of your workforce onto research! :-P )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)