+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Davie Irons

Davie Irons

On the other board "NobbyBlue" quite blithely states:
    "Irons was a clown when he was at Gretna I expects he's the same now!"
    I just wondered whether "Nobby" would care to enlarge on his statement?
    I think you'll find Davie is as level headed as they come and I think Nobby has been listening to much nonsense on the QoS Footymad site!!

re: Davie Irons

If he's made the point on the other board why don't you ask him on there instead of attention seeking on here?

MFS - You think he's level headed I think he's a clown. Everybody is entitled to their opinion! Never look at QOS board, what have they been saying on there?

Now now guy's don't let us get into a pissing contest over an opinion everybody's entitled to one regardless of whether we all agree...

Far from blithe - I'm well aware of the facts as regards his time at Gretna.

Oh aye Nobby, I remember your comments early on in Davie Irons time at the club.
    But how about enlightening us about just how he is a clown now and was in his time at Gretna?
    I know the guy and can assure you he is no clown.
    Indeed, amid the madness that was Gretna, he was one of the few level headed members of the club, who enjoyed the good times and accepted the demise with dignity.
    I don't intend entering into a protracted argument about this and Davie Irons wont give a damn about comments on small time messageboards and certainly doesn't need me to fight his corner.
    btw Sumbayton. I havent signed up to the other board and have no intention of so doing.
    Hope this helps!!

Peter Murphy should have been retained at the club in some capacity- assist manager possibly.

So you quote something someone has said on another messageboard, then ask him to explain himself and when he does you then state that you don't wanted to get in to a debate about it?

Are you desperate for someone to talk to, argue with or is your existence that sad that you feel the need to mention it at all?

From my dealings with him and from what I've heard from others I'll stick with what i said. Not sure why you're bothered about my opinion to be honest.

Powwowow
    a/ obviously Nobby posts on both boards (hence his speedy reply on here)
    b/ I would hardly call posting " I'm well aware of the facts as regards his time at Gretna."an enlargement of his criticism of the man??
    c/ Nobby then goes on to say "From my dealings with him and from what I've heard from others I'll stick with what i said. Not sure why you're bothered about my opinion to be honest"
    Ehm, maybe because you've seen fit to bring your opinion into the public domain on several occasions since he joined the club???
    The "and from what I've heard from others"comment is interesting. is that the crux of your dislike or have you actually met the guy??
    I have come to the conclusion that your final statement is the one I should pay most attention to!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)