+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Saturday's results will be voided!

Saturday's results will be voided!

Just joking!

OK - time to come clean, it was all an early April Fools joke but was somewhat scuppered by the "Mod edit" comment which I did not see until it was pointed out later that evening (I don't see those when logged in).

This was particularly aimed at TFA and his disregard of Corner's predicting abilities and for those concerned, Corner was in on the joke all along and with her current personal predicament wanted to go ahead with it to give her husband a laugh.

Sorry if we have caused any offense. Don't be worried, I have Corner's original predictions safe and well (12pts I believe) and normality will be resumed on Saturday. The only difference in the table, except of course for Corner's loss of points, is that AberdeenMiller has 5 more points as the weekly winner.

CAM

re: Saturday's results will be voided!

lol unfortunately your little plan failed as it just washed over me due to various other goings on!

Didn't spot it until late and knew if it was true iot was entirely down to luck!! ;-)

I had seen dear Corner while buying Moulin Rouge Saturday when, I might add, she swatted me round the head with 3 copies!!

To be honest I haven't been on the Board anywhere near as much lately and therefore a few things had passed me by...but I had a decent catch up with Brin Saturday.

I don't mind being the ammuniotion of your jokes anyway...the title is coming to me! ;-)

UTM

That's good to hear CAMiller!

I don't mind at all now I know it was an "April Fool's" joke, (which I suspected anyway ), and I'm just relieved that it wasn't someone trying to sabotage the league!

I was feeling pleased with myself for forecasting the two 0-0 draws, but then I saw that Corner had done the "perfect ten" and I felt a bit deflated, until I saw the "Mod edit" that is!

Good try though CAMiller (and Corner pretending that they WERE her predictions), because it makes a nice change to all the doom and gloom posts from certain morons on MillersMAD lately! :/

Think I would have made them sweat a little longer Cam

I'd just like to add the whole thing was Cam's idea as I simply don't have a mischievous bone in my body Always happy to play along tho'

Real shame about the mod edit. Wonder if Centremid would have been quite so quick to point it out if Cam hadn't elevated me to equal points with him?

Anyway, normal service resumed & you can all go back to laughing at my useless predictions but feel free to copy and paste and save them somewhere safe each week, just in case I repeat the miraculous feat without mod intervention

And like Cam says, hope nobody's too upset with the little ruse - lighten up guys; some of you take it far too seriously

Cheers Cam - enjoyed that

...and we'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids...

TBF Corner...if he'd put you above me I'd have been crying blue murder...lol

I love a practical joke as people who know me will tell you, it was a great shame about the mod edit as it gave the game away to me straight away...good try though to you both ...would have loved to see TFA's face when you did the same next week

Quote Originally Posted by CentreMid
    ...and we'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids...

TBF Corner...if he'd put you above me I'd have been crying blue murder...lol

I love a practical joke as people who know me will tell you, it was a great shame about the mod edit as it gave the game away to me straight away...good try though to you both ...would have loved to see TFA's face when you did the same next week
    Unfortunately much of my Saturday was taken up with my favourite pastime of removing a toilet, tiling and grouting. Otherwise I might have caught your observation sooner and deleted it in the hope that others wouldn't have so much attention to detail . At least it proves that the PL is secure (or is it)