+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pearce Confirmed Florist Boss From 2014/15

Pearce Confirmed Florist Boss From 2014/15

happy days. looking forward to next season already. - view external link

re: Pearce Confirmed Florist Boss From 2014/15

Made me smile before work

I like Pearce as a bloke, he comes across passionate and honest as aa manager, but he looked tactically inept for city and the u21s. Still, can't him off, but lets just say I'd rather it be him than Malky Mackay or Zola...

Now Zola would have been a worry with his contacts etc..

Interesting appoinment. Clearly going of the former hero with passion angle.

These things don't often work out very well. I think he might get an initial response from them with his motivation and energy and his U21 contacts. But I think they will find him tactically inept and unable to move them forwards as we saw from him at Citeh and the U21's in the long term and he will soon end up on the huge former Forest managers scrap heap.

Quote Originally Posted by D_D

I like Pearce as a bloke, he comes across passionate and honest as aa manager, but he looked tactically inept for city and the u21s. Still, can't him off, but lets just say I'd rather it be him than Malky Mackay or Zola...
    Another populist appointment. Whilst Pearce has legendary status as a player I don't think he has all the 21st Century managerial accoutrements. Ironically if he'd have been appointed now for the last 7 games I think he would have given them a shot in the arm which would have galvanised them to reach the playoffs. Anyhow, we'll see what eventuates...

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella

Another populist appointment. Whilst Pearce has legendary status as a player I don't think he has all the 21st Century managerial accoutrements. Ironically if he'd have been appointed now for the last 7 games I think he would have given them a shot in the arm which would have galvanised them to reach the playoffs. Anyhow, we'll see what eventuates...[/quote]

Indeed. Pleased he is waiing to come in.

Tactically, every manager can improve with time and application.

With money to spend he might do a decent job. To soon to write him off IMO, but at the moment it doesn't seem an earth shattering appointment. Time will tell, as they say

Another appointment to keep the fans happy

Obviously a legend at the club but that could all go tits up by Christmas

Uncle fawez is quickly becoming the biggest plonker since Rodney trotter and has been refused into many football clubs for being under dressed. Tramp !

Aye, its a bit like appointing the son of a popular former manager to appease the masses - except this time someone with passion. Expect him in the 3rd division after 4 years of mediocrity, but some semblance of financial stability. Oh no, the latter wont happen there - the task is too great.

The clough appointment was a master stroke by the board as it worked. If the Pearce one works out I'll be the first one to hold my hands up... Personally I don't see it

A lot will depend on his back up team. He needs someone with tactical nous and transfer market awareness - a Peter Taylor to his Brian Clough (not that he's anywhere near the great BC). It may be that John McGovern can offer some of this as he's pretty astute (and his mam once cooked me a bacon sandwich!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)