+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Missed chances

Missed chances

What a good match tonight , totally different from the high ball stuff served up at Horwich on Saturday. Two teams wanting to play football tonight & some good skills on display unlike the lump it noblot massive!!!
    Thought Leicester edged it in the 1st half but we were a joy to watch in the second half with some great pass & move play on the deck. If only we had put away 2 or 3 of the glorious chances we had. Before the match started i said to my mate i'd take a point now but coming away from the ground i thought we could have had all 3 points barring the missed chances.
    Crowd tonight again were in full voice & considering Leics are top of the league they were very quiet apart from when they scored. MOM for me tonight was a toss up between McArthur n Gomez. Just hope we can keep this up till the end of the season & grab that play off place!!

re: Missed chances

Quote Originally Posted by jocklatic
    What a good match tonight , totally different from the high ball stuff served up at Horwich on Saturday. Two teams wanting to play football tonight & some good skills on display unlike the lump it noblot massive!!!
    Thought Leicester edged it in the 1st half but we were a joy to watch in the second half with some great pass & move play on the deck. If only we had put away 2 or 3 of the glorious chances we had. Before the match started i said to my mate i'd take a point now but coming away from the ground i thought we could have had all 3 points barring the missed chances.
    Crowd tonight again were in full voice & considering Leics are top of the league they were very quiet apart from when they scored. MOM for me tonight was a toss up between McArthur n Gomez. Just hope we can keep this up till the end of the season & grab that play off place!!

I agree, great game.

We deserved all 3 points and Gomez and McArthur were immens

Leicester must have thought they'd finally met their match.

How we failed to score a couple more is beyond me - but I take heart from the many chances we created.

Great advert for two top teams, and only a pity it wasn't being televised.

Leicester are clearly top of the league for a good reason, and for me, well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by kapster
    Leicester must have thought they'd finally met their match.

How we failed to score a couple more is beyond me - but I take heart from the many chances we created.

Great advert for two top teams, and only a pity it wasn't being televised.

Leicester are clearly top of the league for a good reason, and for me, well deserved.
    Agree with you there kapster - had this been a top of the table clash in the prem league involving the 'big 4', then the Jurno's , pundits etc would have been telling us what a great advert for football it was with both teams playing excellent football at times, some great passing moves & end to end stuff - sadly it was 'Little Wigan' & 'a way too north of London club' playing in the fizzy pop league to been give only a passing mention.
    What a difference from the lump it lot from Horwich where Leicester actually wanted to play football & not the hoofball which was on show last Sat??? I also thought that the g

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)