+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rodriguez..

Rodriguez..

Yesterday's defeat to City was nothing compared to the freak injury sustained by Rodriguez..

Based on little more than the player's reaction and the reaction of those around him, it now looks certain that he will miss out on a chance of going to Brazil in the summer..

Absolutely gutted for him if that's the case - he was having a storming season for Saints and so deserved a seat on that plane.

Obviously hoping for a miraculous recovery, but fearing the very worst..

re: Rodriguez..

Whilst the result and the shocking offside decision were obviously disappointing yesterday, by far the worst thing to come out of the game was Jay's injury.

I must admit I've had my doubts about him this season and was surprised when he originally got called up as I didn't feel he was international class, however since then he has been on red hot form and Roy would have found it hard to justify taking Welbeck to Brazil ahead of Jay. Sadly unless he miraculously recovers it looks like his dream is now over, and I'm absolutely gutted for him. Just hope he's fit for the start of next season now.

Rickie clearly upset for his mate too. Get well soon Jay. - view external link

The result was unimportant for me, we went there with the intention to win and gave the crowd a good game. They are different class when they are going forward.

Jay Rodriguez' injury was the worst that could happen though and I feel very sorry for him.
    I hope it's not too serious and that he makes a full recovery.

Agree with both of those comments. The team and the fans did their bit to make a real game of it but City don't need many opportunities to punish teams.

All the best to Jay for a speedy recovery.