+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggested experiment

Suggested experiment

Back at the end of the summer I made a suggestion that we should ban the pompey WUMs and their repetitive drivel for a month and see what happens. It was pretty much shot down by all and sundry with the main argument being that "posters from SM are causing others to leave just as much".

It hasn't worked. Simon was the only casualty. In my opinion, certain others got away with not joining him. Since then Chism has got beyond worse to the point of being vile & nauseating, Biley just derails every thread he can with the same old repetitive crap, we've gained a Steve, Prinz Eugen & a Hujanus and, quite frankly, this forum has deteriorated into ****.

The way I see it we have nothing to lose in an attempt to resurrect this board, so I will make my suggestion again.

We should give temporary bans to ALL of the aforementioned posters for the duration of the premier league season, plus anyone else who just wants to rock up and derail threads. Let them post their

re: Suggested experiment

[no body]

Quote Originally Posted by tumbles
    [no body]

I agree jism for one is getting more and more bitter and repetitive and constantly tries to di ck measure.

Bring back simon... at least he was interesting sometimes.

I'm absolutely against bans except for the most extreme cases. We're all grown ups here. What would be useful would be an ignore function like Saintsweb, it allows users to place posters on their ignore list this way they don't get to see their comments unless someone quotes them. Personally it doesn't bother me, I love the skate inferiority complex

Do you not think...possibly...that recent 'activity' has anything at all to do with one or two of your charming brethren? Just a hunch...could be wrong...sorry if this is deemed as a wum . I shall not 'return'.

I see Bobby is the first to miss the point. Can the rest of you please actually read the post before engaging keyboard?

Pony, I know you've not been around for the best part of six months but have you been reading during this time?

My point is not about "all being adults", it's about the repetitive nature of the drivel they spout and an experiment to see if more decent posters come back if we temporarily block them.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbles

Simon was never interesting.

ATAF.

] edit

My opinion fwiw is that they only wum because people respond to them.
    Ignore them and starve them of the attention they crave.
    I'm with PF on this, I don't like bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge

Simon was never interesting.

ATAF.

] edit[/quote]

Point taken...

If posts infringe forum rules, Mods should delete them - and the poster warned. It's as simple as that.

This policy is adopted by a Cardiff forum and barely raises an eyebrow - and there are far more naughty boys than on here.

Your problem is that posters are driven away by repetitive drivel from Saints and Pompey posters. Once lost, it will be hard to get them back.

With your team doing so well, your board should be thriving. Alas, even FF usually has more posters on-line and lurkers than SM.

All that most fans want to do is to express their views and read what others think about their team.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast