+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our financial situation

re: Our financial situation

I think you will find you haven't.

I am more intrigued with your ponyfiddlerreturns. Returns what exactly?

Missing trophies to scum trophy cabinet?

Quote Originally Posted by mccanncann
    I think you will find you haven't.

I am more intrigued with your ponyfiddlerreturns. Returns what exactly?

Missing trophies to scum trophy cabinet?
    Yeah, the Liebherrs couldn't afford to pay off our stadium debt

And great to see you resorting to the age old Pompey argument of trophies, like ANYONE cares about trophies won before most supporters were even born. It's the now that matters, Southampton continues to flourish, while Pompey continues to suffer for it's cheating.

Ref my username, you're new here aren't you.

Just as it looked like the club would have to fold, the cavalry arrived in the shape of Markus Liebherr, whose DMWSL 613 Limited acquired the share capital of the football club (and other group companies) from the administrators of Southampton Leisure Holdings Plc on 8 July 2009. Not only did the new owner save the club, but he also paid the debts in full, as opposed to many new owners who only pay a few pennies in the pound for debts owed, leaving many small business and public authorities out of pocket.

I wonder who that last sentence is in reference to?

So you are not paying Aviva a million pound a year then? My bad, sorry.

Yeah let's forget what trophies were won before you and I were born.
    Tell you what, let's forget the two world wars before we were born, because they have no bearing on how the world is shaped today.

Guess what, why don't you brag about how much higher in the league you are and how much your academy is worth et al.

Leave the winning of things to the big boys.

Tell you what, let's forget the two world wars before we were born, because they have no bearing on how the world is shaped today.

Guess what, why don't you brag about how much higher in the league you are and how much your academy is worth et al.

World Wars???? What a ridiculous comparison LOL!!!!!!! the last thing Pompey 'won' will be forever tainted because it was done under false pretences, this is the view of the general football community and not just Southampton fans. It may only be the JPT but Southampton have won a trophy legitimately more recently than Portsmouth. Face it, Portsmouth played at pretending to be a big club, but to even stay in the premier league it had to cheat, fielding players it had no intention of paying for and ultim

Quote Originally Posted by PonyFiddlerReturns

World Wars???? What a ridiculous comparison LOL!!!!!!! the last thing Pompey 'won' will be forever tainted because it was done under false pretences, this is the view of the general football community and not just Southampton fans. It may only be the JPT but Southampton have won a trophy legitimately more recently than Portsmouth. Face it, Portsmouth played at pretending to be a big club, but to even stay in the premier league it had to cheat, fiel

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart

World Wars???? What a ridiculous comparison LOL!!!!!!! the last thing Pompey 'won' will be forever tainted because it was done under false pretences, this is the view of the general football community and not just Southampton fans. It may only be the JPT but Southampton have won a trophy legitimately more recently than Portsmouth. Face it, Portsmouth played at pretending to be a big club, but to eve

Those words you use 'the last thing you won'
    Compared to what we would use 'the only thing you won'

Those words you use 'the last thing you won'
    Compared to what we would use 'the only thing you won'
    Then you would be wrong wouldn't you stupid, we won the FA Cup in 1976 (legitimately I might add)

It's too easy with you lot, you really have nothing to make us envious of.

Precisely comes under 'the only thing you have one'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)