+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Found out?

re: Found out?

i go every home game and as many away as i can, yes the past few performances have been poor but to criticize the team and the manager at this stage off the season and to boo the players off the pitch is not going to help them raise there game, it makes me laugh when i sit there at the game and people are calling players s**T, for instance a lad in front off me was calling jean s**t yet a few games ago the fans where shouting his in joy, mclean is the main person to undergo a hell off alot of criticism although he gives 100% every game, yet after a couple off bad games hes on the hate list.if you support wigan then you must support the players and not shout abuse at them. The team have done exceptionally well to play so many games this season so we literally cant expect to win every game.

You should also give some credit to Millwall as we are fighting to stay up,you have not lost at home since December so your fans are a little fickle.

Allthough down the bottom our fans will keep roaring on the team.

Best of luck against the Gooners.

I have NEVER booed the team off the pitch; please don't stereotype me in that way. I'm making perfectly reasoned observations. I feel, after years of watching the team through good times and bad times, that I have earned that right.

There are too many posters on here who simply don't know how to engage in sensible debate. All they are capable of doing is resorting to insults and expletives - try and raise the bar a little, please

Its an interesting debate/swearing match with some good input.

Please remember this is still a patched up side littered with good/bad Coyle signings and a whole load of loan players! Most will not be here next season (Tunnicliff,Maynard, MacEach). Collison might sign though

We are desperately lacking up front. Powell is not a proper frontman, Fortune gets involved but constantly losses possession and poor Maynard cannot get into games.

Question - Could Holt do a job under Rosler? If Uwe got him fit??

Found out?? Unsure? Until he gets who he wants in then let's discuss it. We where always going to hit a bad patch after such a brilliant run.

Like previously mentioned, so MANY games and its really does take its toll! They might be pro athletes but if you have played footy yourself you will understand how hard it is. Especially coming towards the end of a gruelling season.

Why do you think you have people retiring early from International footy?? Less is more

i am not swearing i am quoting what is being shouted at the matches, also neither am i arguing, i am just saying that people at the matches need to understand that the team will be tired and this is the main part off the season that we need to back them.

yes milwall/ blackpool did play well and wigan fans need to take that in that they would have had more fight than us in the game.

i doubt that Holt will come back here i think i fresh striker will needed for next season premiership or championship.

the only thing i haven't liked about uwes decisions lately is to not start mcmannaman,
    i think at the moment we are a side with just too many first team players every player in our team is suitable to start for a championship team.

We are comfortable in a play off place just a few days away from another trip to Wembley, for some of our players it will be the only chance they will ever play in a big game so you can understand them taking the foot of the pedal a bit, anyone who says they wouldn't do the same are just liars. Also Millwall are fighting for their lives, a whole lot different for them compared to ourselves.

Not sure we've been "found out", just a poor night, where most of the team under-performed. Uwe's rotation policy doesn't help build partnerships within the squad, but for the vast majority of his 20 odd games, we've been a decent side.

Good to see Maloney back last night and Kiernan had another decent game as well.

Onwards and upwards to Arsenal and the play-offs

It's not just the Millwall game, though, is it? We were lucky to beat Leeds. We were OK against Leicester, but they weren't at full strength that night. Watford - unconvincing; Bolton ditto etc etc. How many games have we fully dominated under Uwe? Not many.

If we are honest about it, the City game was a fluke. Don't get me wrong, I love Uwe to bits; I just question his judgement on occasions; I don't think he has alternative strategies to play aginst some of the 'weaker' teams. Put him up against a wily fox like Holloway and he gets found out. Let's hope M.Wenger isn't quite as wily on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Methven
    We are comfortable in a play off place just a few days away from another trip to Wembley, for some of our players it will be the only chance they will ever play in a big game so you can understand them taking the foot of the pedal a bit, anyone who says they wouldn't do the same are just liars. Also Millwall are fighting for their lives, a whole lot different for them compared to ourselves.
    I think you're right,recent loss of form= Wembley ituss imo.
    Trouble is, should we beat Arsenal on Saturday which we are more than capable of,can we maintain are play off position?.
    The chasing packs only 6 points behind and we've some tough fixtures to play yet.
    tin hats on!

Horwich makes an interesting point. Has Uwe been sussed ? I don't think he has. He has manged to make us a team that usually wins close matches whereas. OC had seen us lose far too many games. OC also thought Holt was the answer - it must have been an odd question.

Since the city match Uwe has been dealing with injuries two players he was depending upon and trying to assimilate loan players. Not easy. We'll get to the play offs and are in the Cup semi. Chances of that under OC were nil. Uwe not superman but we are lucky to have him. Systems get sussed, managers change them. All will be fine.

But no harm in Horwich raising it- even though he's wrong !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)