+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Found out?

re: Found out?

Quote Originally Posted by wigwham
    We are comfortable in a play off place just a few days away from another trip to Wembley, for some of our players it will be the only chance they will ever play in a big game so you can understand them taking the foot of the pedal a bit, anyone who says they wouldn't do the same are just liars. Also Millwall are fighting for their lives, a whole lot different for them compared to ourselves.
    I think you're right,recent loss of form= Wembley ituss imo.
    Trouble is, should we beat Arsenal on Saturday which we are more than capable of,can we maintain are play off position?.
    The chasing packs only 6 points behind and we've some tough fixtures to play yet.
    tin hats on![/quote]

I think we'll be ok, FA Cup wise all the pressure is on Arsenal. Everyone is giving us no chance yet again despite the fact I'm betting we have more players in our team who've played a competative game at W

Also throw in the fact like it or not even the BBC, ITV and Sky muppets will have to say Wigan FA Cup Holders" Athletic v Arsenal or The FA Cup Holders Wigan Athletic trying to retain their Cup or Arsenal taking on the FA Cup Holders. For as long as it lasts I will milk every moment of it, stuff it I'll even milk it until my last breath

Quote Originally Posted by laticRMI
    If we are honest about it, the City game was a fluke. Don't get me wrong, I love Uwe to bits; I just question his judgement on occasions; I don't think he has alternative strategies to play aginst some of the 'weaker' teams. Put him up against a wily fox like Holloway and he gets found out. Let's hope M.Wenger isn't quite as wily on Saturday.
    Not sure why such a post which is reflective of lots of fans views should get so much flak. The questions posed are perfectly fair and deserve a better level of debate than just abuse. Uwe has been a revelation but he isnt ready to manage Barcelona or Bayern yet. I actually dont agree that the City game was a fluke, his tactics were fabulous, but I do think that his judgment on loan signings could be questioned. Josh, Ryan, Nicky and Jack have yet to convince me that they are up to what is needed, but their presence has allowed some rotation and resting of our better players. I like Hollowa

Agreed 100% about our game against Man City! It's the team challenging for EPL and they had full side out! Uve's tactics were spot on! He had a pattern of play, to stop their best players getting time on ball, then block their passes to forwards off, if they got a bit of time, with hard working midfield, then hit them on counter attacks...terrible tactics them! You can't fluke your way though a game against a team like that!

I don't get why everyone is having a go about our team here! We have played in Europe, got ourselves to FA Cup Semi's, 2 seasons on the trot and handily placed for not just play off position, but could finish as high as 3rd...how terrible are we...were so crap! NO WE AIN'T!

Don't forget, we lost Watson and McCann, two players who close down opposition and do work that goes unnoticed, off the ball, that only people that know the game, will spot! So, the players to come in for them, haven't got the strong presence in tackle, McArthur only one that get's stuck in, s

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)