+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Day Massacre ('79)

re: Boxing Day Massacre ('79)

I don't think that crowd for a 3rd tier match has been beaten or ever will be.
    Makes you think what potential crowds we can get when we get back up top.
    Bragg...it's my 40th year full time ,this year...had a dad that wasn't that bothered & living in Stix annall. But my lad was lifted over turnstile as a babe to compensate .

Nice one Ginger.

This shows what a sad, sad bunch you are. You live in 1979 despite the fact that since then United have had the better of the derbies including a double in 1991/2.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58
    Only thing I can remember stood on Lepps Lane was about 30 quid in two pence pieces zinging their way towards that anchor Curran when the 4th went in

I was surprised the tight b'stard didn't try picking the f'kers up
    That is a considerable amount of 2ps! Considering Curran came away from this unscathed the accuracy of your fans must have mirrored that of your team.

Well you see that's not true Worsley...
    Since 1979, and including that seasons results, there have been 29 meetings, in cup and league of which we have won 11..drawn 11 and lost 7

Quote Originally Posted by Worsleyblade
    This shows what a sad, sad bunch you are. You live in 1979 despite the fact that since then United have had the better of the derbies including a double in 1991/2.
    So why do your fans still sing about the match? It is still significant and certainly more recent than a victory for you lot in a Wembley game.

Still, at least you have another big day out defeat to remember, gallant losers much like Wycombe were when they flew the flag in the semi-finals for the 3rd division.

Oh and by the way, are you sure that you have won more competitive Sheffield derbies than we have since 1979? - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboywonder
    So why do your fans still sing about the match? It is still significant and certainly more recent than a victory for you lot in a Wembley game.

Still, at least you have another big day out defeat to remember, gallant losers much like Wycombe were when they flew the flag in the semi-finals for the 3rd division.

Oh and by the way, are you sure that you have won more competitive Sheffield derbies than we have since 1979?[/quote]

Spot on Hirsty.

Claims we live in 1979, then goes on to talk about 1991

Wordleyblades - you sing about losing 4-0 in 1979 every game. I feel embarrassed for you when I hear you singing it, it's still a big mystery to me as to why you sing a song to remind yourselves you lost 4-0 to

The ONLY good thing about Porktalk is you're guarenteed a good laugh from the bitter Pigs who come on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Worsleyblade
    The ONLY good thing about Porktalk is you're guarenteed a good laugh from the bitter Pigs who come on here.

WEMBERLEEEE, WEMBERLEEEE, WE'RE THE FAMOUS SHEFF UTD AND WE LOST AT WEMBERLEEE...WEMBERLEEE...

Get over it Worsley...Just cos you lost you come on here and try and take it out on us...The boxing day song yesterday was very cringeworthy though mate...Like Roth says, you're just reminding everyone that we hammered you 4-0 in '79..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)