+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Play Brad Inman in the centre***

re: ***Play Brad Inman in the centre***

Agree and 'like'

Brad is a central player and, as we know, a blummin good one. Let's play to our strengths!! And therefore play to our players strengths.

Inman played in that preferred central role today and it made not a blind bit of difference. I thought he was once again anonymous and looked certainly looked tired when he was replaced on 59 minutes. Something has gone wrong here, as the player has not looked the part for several weeks now. Thoughts?

Nothing is wrong with Brad its the set up at the Club training ground.TO EASY going at Crewe always has been! Have seen players leave Crewe and become 100% fitter at other clubs, and players like Brad who come to Crewe just put there feet up,and relax a little like Byron and a few others. When they leave you see the difference at other clubs.

Sorry but that is the usual rubbish that we haven't missed over the last couple of weeks from itwasin. The other 9 outfield players were really up for it today, but sadly there was very little quality to go with their effort, with the possible exception of Byron second half.

The difference that Waters showed when he replaced Inman was stark. I'm not saying he produced runs and passes to win the match, but Inman looked like little boy lost who hadn't a clue what to do and wasn't prepared to put the effort in to find out. Waters, on the other hand, was like a wasp at a picnic - always making a nuisance of himself if not always effectively you (and the opposition) knew he was there.

No point playing Brad in the middle in the last 2 matches then - we need all 10 outfield players showing.

A word on the MotM today; for me Duggy should have shaded Ellis, but nobody else came close.

Just to be contrary - and there was not a lot in anyway - I'd've had Toots as my MotM, with Ellis runner-up. Perhaps that says more about today's game ... there were no stand out stars.

Inman is a conundrum: we know how well he can play, but he has had a horrible drop in form in recent weeks. Unfortunately I do not see a replacement, and Evans is not missed at all.

Waters had been well summed up by Aston, and I can only agree and add nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    Just to be contrary - and there was not a lot in anyway - I'd've had Toots as my MotM, with Ellis runner-up. Perhaps that says more about today's game ... there were no stand out stars.

Inman is a conundrum: we know how well he can play, but he has had a horrible drop in form in recent weeks. Unfortunately I do not see a replacement, and Evans is not missed at all.

Waters had been well summed up by Aston, and I can only agree and add nothing.
    Well the replacement was the man you have been calling for to play from the of, AL. That player was the substitute who replaced the disinterested and lazy Inman today. This "boy" ran his socks off and hustle and bustle the opposition. He may be inexperienced, but at least he has the enthusiasm, the hunger and displays a certain amount of skill. Inman has disappointed me for a while now, and one caller on RS said that he has been 'missing' since the Vale game.

He's had a shocker. What does his future hold?

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    I personally don't know. I suppose Steve Davis might know the answer to that one. Brad definitely does not like those sprinklers being used on the pitch. Mind you, I noticed many of the others having difficulty keeping their feet. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    I personally don't know. I suppose Steve Davis might know the answer to that one. Brad definitely does not like those sprinklers being used on the pitch. Mind you, I noticed many of the others having difficulty keeping their feet. Ridiculous.[/quote]
    Think they all need to change their boots,maybe go back to Stanly or Tom Finney boots,where you put your own studs in.
    Can somebody please tell me why they use the sprinklers before a match anyway?.

I think the sprinklers are at the players request. I can't remember the home match but was only a few weeks go where apparently one player had a go at him for not watering the pitch.

Re today, yes Waters makes an impact but wonder why no one mentions Nolan?
    A steady game today and he is that steady I think most people forget he has only played a few games. Imo he is better than Evans and is one for the future as I predicted 2 years ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast