+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cup exit 2014

Cup exit 2014

Gutted it happened the way it did but penalties are a lottery

but in the cold light of the next day if we'd got to the final I would have wanted to win it again no doubt there.

but then worst case we don't go up through play offs we would have another 50+ game season in the tough championship with even more pressure to get out of this tough league

or we do get into prem this year but have Europa to deal with

Don't get me wrong I would have loved 2 FA cups but i'd love a good solid start under Uwe in the prem with no mid week distractions, it nearly cost Newcastle last year.

next season f4ck the capital tin pot one get good start in what ever league we are in and win back what is ours Uwe doesn't see the cup as a minor thing as most of the non top 4 clubs seem to do to him it's a challenge to be overcome...

are you watching owen coyle?????

re: Cup exit 2014

In all honesty you are right about being gutted the way we went out but as you said the peps are a lottery I was lucky to be at Field Mill on a Tuesday night to see the tics win a shoot out to get to Wembley in the auto windscreen northern final when you win that shoot out in a tight game it is quite unbelievable and the downside is at it is gutting

But at the end of the day to be cup holders one year and defending the trophy in which the players and fans can be truely proud

The last fif**** years following this great little club have been unbelievable eight years in the Prem ,runners up in the league cup Winning the FA Cup reaching the semi final whilst defending the FA Cup a few trips to Europe

Who would have expected this when you first went watching the tics a lot of clubs our size and a few bigger ones could only dream of what we have been through over the last decade and a half

UP THE TICS

re: Cup exit 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Les_bradds_lad
    In all honesty you are right about being gutted the way we went out but as you said the peps are a lottery I was lucky to be at Field Mill on a Tuesday night to see the tics win a shoot out to get to Wembley in the auto windscreen northern final when you win that shoot out in a tight game it is quite unbelievable and the downside is at it is gutting

But at the end of the day to be cup holders one year and defending the trophy in which the players and fans can be truely proud

The last fif**** years following this great little club have been unbelievable eight years in the Prem ,runners up in the league cup Winning the FA Cup reaching the semi final whilst defending the FA Cup a few trips to Europe

Who would have expected this when you first went watching the tics a lot of clubs our size and a few bigger ones could only dream of what we have been through over the last decade and a half

UP THE TICS
    NOBODY!!! and I cant

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)