+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crainey

Crainey

Absolutely phenomenal today. Played his socks off from the first whistle to the last. He deserved to take a penalty. He proves today that his hearts 100% blue and white, he needs to start every game that he's fit till the end of the season.

re: Crainey

MOM for Wigan today

He was sensational today, couldn't have performed any better if he tried.

Absolutely fantastic easily our MOM. unlucky but why o why did Caldwell and Collinson take the first penalties. Gomez, Crainey,Fortune,shoul have taken them. I cant believe Uwe Rosler let Caldwell take one in a match like that he hasn't kicked a ball all season

Crainey was awesome today.

Arsenal should have been out of sight before extra time we rode our luck and defended well at times.

But for my money if Powell wasn't such a ****ING girl of a man we should have made it 2-1 and forget the penalties

Macca off Powell on? Never in a month of sundays

Penaltiy takers Jordi MAF Macca Pearch and absolutely anyone from the crowd

but all things considered we defended the cup even better than I had dreamed and that was after winning the cup which I never even dreamed of.

today we gave Arsenal a scare and it felt good

Let's get back in the Greed league and do it again next season

Well done to the lads for giving everything they had. Before the game my feeling was this games was going to pens, and was surprised to see Carson ahead of Al Habsi between the sticks, who is great when it comes to saving pens.
    Somewhat egotistical and ill prepared of Uwe to say he didn't prepare for pens as he is German, he might be but the lads aren't.
    His selection of pen takers was shocking, you need your best pen takers first.
    For all the effort the lads put into this defence of being cup holders, I feel Uwe could have done a lot more with regard to penalties and have missed a great opportunity to reach the final.
    It was noticeable half way through extra time how he was telling the players "i am the coach" as though there had been some mutiny against him. I think there is something in the ryan tunnicliffe departure and it created a bad feeling within the squad and their relationship with Uwe. Just the way I see it, I guess we shall see how things pan out, I just hope the lads and

ali normally ' yes' bit carson played well; 'yes' penalty takers decision ' shocking ! didn t see/ hear him asserting that ' he was the ''coach'' ' but if you did , well spotted, but I d had a few shandies by then

Just watched the game again, sober this time, and Crainey was my MOM.
    Can't believe he's the same clown we've had at left back all season.
    Special mentions to Gomez (again), Perch, Mccarthur and Boycee.
    Great day, great atmosphere, roll on Reading on Friday.

oh and Carson superb too

To everybody criticsiing the selection of the penalty takers, I would imagine it was a case of people having the bottle to volunteer, or bottling it when it came to showing responsibility. I refuse to have a go at Caldwell or Collinson. They were man enough to give it a go when others obviously weren't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)