+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: HamsterCheeks and why he baffles

HamsterCheeks and why he baffles

I want to see West Ham play a pass and move style and here's something out-of-left field, play two strikers at home.

But...we don't. We park-the-bus, eschew possession and hike the ball up to AC and hope to win the second ball from Andy's knock downs.

It's predictable, increasingly unsuccessful and incredibly un-entertaining.

Now here's the thing. This is the mans style and modus operandi. Based on past experience at Bolton,Newcastle and Blackburn.

So given this "Style" of play, why does he not try and use Joe Cole to intercept Andy's flicks and knock downs. Use a player, who is comfortable on the ball and has tight control of it.

And if we are going to play to a players aerial dominance; then why with our wingers, are we not crossing the ball from the wings and providing the opportunity to attack the ball facing the bloody goal.

Yes,yes. He's an opta-based percentage tactical innovator, who has master-minded 13 clean sheets and guaranteed premier league football for another seas

re: HamsterCheeks and why he baffles

Funnily enough I remember one of his early press conferences where he said that he was going to play two styles of football one for home and one for away. He stated that our away form needed to be addressed by tightening up at the back (which it did to be fair) but he would play a more expansive game with more attackers at home.

His only plan, A,can't be working as well as he'd hoped.

He's too concerned about keeping clean sheets to the detriment of creating goal scoring chances.And whilst it's kept us up it has been too close for comfort.

Taking it to extremes,he has probably toyed with the idea of getting ten 7'0 + guys to stand on the goal line,and Usine Bolt on the half way line fielding clearances.

His plan to feed Carroll is failing because the wide players are receiving or winning the ball too deep and having to run 60 yards before attempting a cross...no reflection on Jarvis or Downing..it's an impossible task.

Easily solved...take Diame.Taylor & Nolan out of the automatic starting places and replace with fast breaking midfielders who can among other things deliver the ball to the wingers in prime position. They would also draw defenders away from the front men giving them more freedom. The back six is good enough Sam, trust them to do their work and get the attack working.

you still listen to the blagging (unt people?

unbelievable

i have swerved everything verbal or via the internet from him for over a year

it's all b0ll0cks

and you know it

winner is him

a very very rich man doing what he does

doubt the (unt would have shared a beer with lyall or greenwood though

Quote Originally Posted by WHU
    you still listen to the blagging (unt people?

unbelievable

i have swerved everything verbal or via the internet from him for over a year

it's all b0ll0cks

and you know it

You miss-read and misunderstood my post mate, I said it was one of his first press conferences (possibly his second or third).. . . . . . .so no, I don't 'still' listen to his tripe anymore.

I only quote Sam as a means to show what a c.unt he is and how much rubbish he talks, not because I believe him.

Manager of the Month

That is so ironic it fu(king hurts

Cant remember who created the Topic about congratulating him and giving him credit, whats your thoughts now? or does it seem incredibly quiet from the pro Allardyce crew at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzosbest74
    Funnily enough I remember one of his early press conferences where he said that he was going to play two styles of football one for home and one for away. He stated that our away form needed to be addressed by tightening up at the back (which it did to be fair) but he would play a more expansive game with more attackers at home.
    Sam nosher...

i remember seeing a photo of the useless self important know nothing pr'ck turning up at the ground with a louis vuitton wash bag under his arm, to me that summed up the bloke.Self image, self promoting,self centered to the point where a few years back,he let his son(the then footballers agent)take all the stick over bung allegations which involved him.If Fat sam could earn more money being a scrappy he would, football is pure and simple a money earner for him.That's why he sets up his teams to not lose a match,since his been our manager has he once put out a team to have a go at the opposing team? managers who don't lose matches don't get the sack.luckily football as more manager that love football more than the pound note.The c@nt is always telling anyone who is stupid enough to listen how brilliant he is and was at bringing in sport scientists to get the players super fit,Arsenal played 2 f@cking days ago but they run whu ragged second half!IMHO whu are very lucky not to be in botto

thanks for all you've done, NOW F'CK OFF.

meatloaf tribune band.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)