+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Waddle

Chris Waddle

I can only hope the rumours aren't true...fantastic player for us but manager material?...to be honest he comes across as a bit of a knob when I've heard him, plus does anybody who thinks David Beckham isn't in the top 1000 players in England really know owt about football management.

Apart from that I believe Gray should be given his chance.

re: Chris Waddle

Yeah it wouldn't be fair on Gray and tbh aussie like you say, a brilliant player doesn't necessarily make a great manager..Remember the job he did at burnley.

As much as I loved Chrissy as a player I reckon he'd definitely be the wrong choice as manager..But who knows what this new bloke has in mind.

He's got a good tight grip on the purse strings now so whatever happens is gonna happen anyway...Really looking forward to the roller coaster ride though...Bring it on

I'd lurve Waddle to get the job. Champions League before you know it.

Just imagine it. Massiv Mammary, Waddler, Auntie-New-He, Weeping Semedo, Glenn 'For Sure' Loovens and your French Africans.

It'll be more like an episode of 'mind your Language' than a football club.

#Azerbaijanidreams

He's not gonna get it you idiot...Just like Roberto Di matteo WAS NEVER gonna get the pig job...Even though you were jizzing your pants for weeks actually believing that he was!

Of course I did braggy. It's as true today as it was the first time you said it.

I'd usually share my anecdote right about now of how Waddle once said to me 'is there anything you don't know about football?' - but now is not the time, you're all too busy wetting your knickers spending the Azerbaijani's money.

I've a gut feeling it'll end in tears, tears wearing Sondico tracksuits. And my gut feelings are seldom wrong.

calm down Katch, your envy is showing...

yes, you've got your investment, you didn't think we'd get any-one come in, but...they have, and you're worried...worried because we're already established in the league that you're trying to get in, and you're worried that we might just take another step up.

I don't give two hoots for promotion, that's not how our new owner will see things, but as long as we can compete, and compete well in this league, then I'm happy.

there's never any guarantee that promotion follows investment, but the added security will do for me.

have a listen to this music track, see what you think...

ray...in Batley. - view external link

You've read me like a book there ray. I'm bricking it here a tell thee.

I mean we've not had a situation of listening to you lot gunner do this and gunner do that since, well since the 'Saviour' took over.

I foresee more comedy failure and stagnation under the Azerbaijani. Which you won't mind as you detest the Premiership.

ps Nice to see the word 'paint' in your music link.

yes, I'm happy where we are...and competing like we did last season...that'll do me.

did you like the tune?

here's another one

ray...in Batley. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro
    Of course I did braggy. It's as true today as it was the first time you said it.

I'd usually share my anecdote right about now of how Waddle once said to me 'is there anything you don't know about football?' - but now is not the time, you're all too busy wetting your knickers spending the Azerbaijani's money.

I've a gut feeling it'll end in tears, tears wearing Sondico tracksuits. And my gut feelings are seldom wrong.

And I've got a gut feeling katch that you are really really really really jealous of our take over...Could be wrong like, but doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by redgreggie
    calm down Katch, your envy is showing...

yes, you've got your investment, you didn't think we'd get any-one come in, but...they have, and you're worried...worried because we're already established in the league that you're trying to get in, and you're worried that we might just take another step up.

I don't give two hoots for promotion, that's not how our new owner will see things, but as long as we can compete, and compete well in this league, then I'm happy.

there's never any guarantee that promotion follows investment, but the added security will do for me.

have a listen to this music track, see what you think...

ray...in Batley.

Ray, once again you win post of the week mate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)