+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amnesty?

re: Amnesty?

opinions are for me what makes football its very rare for any two to be identical,they are like backsides everyone has one and most of the stink.the reason we post on sites like this is to debate not have a row that's what my missus is for.coyw.

I must admit, that earlier this season I was contemplating whether to stop posting or not. I felt at the time, the opinions had become almost personal vendettas against fellow posters.

When I joined the board, it was humourous, informative and constructive, displaying a wide range of opinions and topics. The range of photographic comedy surpassed any board on footy mad. We did not have the euphoric personal abuse that typified the West Ham board, nor the childish repetitive ramblings that have become associated with that lot from Sandwell.

Some on here became obsessed with post counts, some became obsessed with those that were obsessed with post counts. What the f..k does it matter who posts the most? It does not matter a jot. Some people have more time on their hands than others. For quite a number who frequent Wolves Mad, it is their only direct link with the club, their eyes and ears if you like.

Yes we have lost members in the not too recent past, they will have their reaso

" For quite a number who frequent Wolves Mad, it is their only direct link with the club, their eyes and ears if you like. "

George
    that is me to tee .
    I use this platform for such along with wiziwig.

eve.

i prefer "armchair fan " rather than plastic.

come on wolves lets get 3 the day !"!

Even if some are plastic, who cares? Every club has them and they are needed. Where would United be w/o the millions of plastics? Same with Barca and any big club. If we get to the Prem, we're going to need those plastics' funds.

I also take umbrage with the idea that fans that don't attend more than a few games are plastic (and I know it hasn't been said here, but some have criticized others for it in the past). I can't go to Wolves games, but I am a little over an hour from Detroit and only go to one or two games for each a year. But I would laugh in the face of someone who said I was plastic and not a diehard.

We're all here to express our opinions and we should all be able to get along, even when opinions differ. The fact that we're all still here while Wolves are in League One should be a unifying thing.

Please excuse my intrusion into your seeming collective promotion hangover.

By the way, many congratulations on said promotion and your continued support, regardless of ticket deals or level of play.

For me the definition of a plastic fan is not whether one only attends certain games, or even one who only follows on the T.V for whatever reason.
    Most would dearly love to attend.

To me, the plastic fan is one who expresses no particular interest in the club, other than the occasional pr 1cked ear at the mention of its. Usually when said team is actually doing something.

Generally speaking, the plastic fan will stay out of the sun, not even stating an opinion when the going gets really hot; preferring the soothing comfort of the shade and general anonymity.

It is when the plastic fan goes on to profess how much they love THEIR club, brow beating those who DO invest their time and money into following the team of choice (be that by attendance or viewing on the box), that their i

It is only in English football that I have ever heard the term "plastic fans," it is an odd one primarily rising from a dismissive attitude of others based often on their attendance at the local team's matches. What I dislike about its' use is that it is based on a subjective view of an unknown situation. Does the absent poster not come to games due to the distance required to travel, financial constraints, health conditions of themselves or their partner, child, aged relative etc for whom they have to be caregivers, do they not have access to public transportation or lack a car? Some people suffer from anxiety from being in large crowds or have other valid reasons, none of which they feel open to sharing on a public forum accessible to millions around the world.

Was this board friendlier when I started here, absolutely! Was there less back-biting, calling and bullying, definitely. Am I staying, yes, as for us absentee supporters it is often our only personal connection to the cl

I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

Is it time to have a look at the moderation on the board? The last I heard, the mods were Mr. D, Chimp, and the late-departed Cyrus. That was a very long time ago. There seem to be at least two other shadow mods, or are they still official mods? Of thee two, one does not seem to know what the other is doing. Time to sort this out maybe?

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving and deleting of posts in the last couple of days represents the beginning of an attempt to respond to the personal vendettas on the board

[quote="Robus"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

Is it time to have a look at the moderation on the board? The last I heard, the mods were Mr. D, Chimp, and the late-departed Cyrus. That was a very long time ago. There seem to be at least two other shadow mods, or are they still official mods? Of thee two, one does not seem to know what the other is doing. Time to sort this out maybe?

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving and deleting of posts in the last couple of days represents the beginning of an attempt to res

To some, such behaviour can roll off their back like a duck in water, to others, and those reading it, it can devalue the quality of the board altogether. I never could understand why some would try to build themselves up by tearing others down...quite confusing really!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65
    Listen some of us share the same opinion on this board as I've realised over the last couple of years, and some of us quite obviously don't ,some of us want to be part of a collective and some of us certainly don't.
    It took me some time to 'get' this board and therefore some stiff shall we say debating!!
    happened in between, I'm talking from the point of view of someone who gets things wrong when I've had a Drink or what I say just doesn't sit well with people but that is just the way I am as those who know me realise!
    So nothing changes much but I've got stuff off me chest plastic fans will always be PLASTIC!!
    Eve, funny one, this.

From getting the bug in '78 against Arsenal to me leaving WOLVERHAMPTON in 2002, I was pretty much a regular at Wolves. Only a couple of short term redundancies stopped me going.
    I saw (to me) a great team grow old, a great manager in John Barnwell, great cup runs, a certain player of the season comin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)