+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amnesty?

re: Amnesty?

[quote="Robus"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

Is it time to have a look at the moderation on the board? The last I heard, the mods were Mr. D, Chimp, and the late-departed Cyrus. That was a very long time ago. There seem to be at least two other shadow mods, or are they still official mods? Of thee two, one does not seem to know what the other is doing. Time to sort this out maybe?

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving and deleting of posts in the last couple of days represents the beginning of an attempt to res

[quote="Evewolf65"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

Is it time to have a look at the moderation on the board? The last I heard, the mods were Mr. D, Chimp, and the late-departed Cyrus. That was a very long time ago. There seem to be at least two other shadow mods, or are they still official mods? Of thee two, one does not seem to know what the other is doing. Time to sort this out maybe?

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving and deleting of posts in the last couple of day

[quote="Woking88"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving a

[quote="Evewolf65"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

[quote="Woking88"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving a

Wokes, I think you come in for more than your fair share of abuse and have said so. The pattern I've seen is this: Someone will take a pop at you. You reply back in kind and escalate, as often as not. Then as nobody wants to back down or give the last word, it goes back-and-forth. A fair number of threads have been ruined that way.

For the sake of the board a cease fire would be in order.

[quote="theplater"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Robus
    Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving and deleting of posts in the last couple of days represents the beginning of an attempt to respond to the personal vendettas on the board, then it is a hopeful sign.
    Deleting of threads is obvious, they serve no purpose or need or are a repetition of a previous thread and therefore spam.
    The moving of threads (by Ron) was done in a very cool calm way. yes they didn't serve any purpose and had got out of hand, but people ha

Is it time to have a look at the moderation on the board? The last I heard, the mods were Mr. D, Chimp, and the late-departed Cyrus. That was a very long time ago. There seem to be at least two other shadow mods, or are they still official mods? Of thee two, one does not seem to know what the

Quote Originally Posted by Robus
    Wokes, I think you come in for more than your fair share of abuse and have said so. The pattern I've seen is this: Someone will take a pop at you. You reply back in kind and escalate, as often as not. Then as nobody wants to back down or give the last word, it goes back-and-forth. A fair number of threads have been ruined that way.

For the sake of the board a cease fire would be in order.
    Thank you for your observation Robus it is appreciated. Perhaps the answer is for people not to have a 'pop' in the first place? That is where the moderators should step in and nip it in the bud?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)