+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Amnesty?

re: Amnesty?

ok fair play :-)

By the way, that was obviously meant to say baggins, not baggies.

Apologies, the worst insult I could give.
    ******* predictive text...

Quote Originally Posted by 1877wolf
    By the way, that was obviously meant to say baggins, not baggies.

Apologies, the worst insult I could give.
    ******* predictive text...
    lol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by chimplad
    As for you asking if the moderators are up to scratch...what have we (collectively or individually) done wrong?
    Chimp, it wasn't my intention to criticize the mods. But some communication and clarity could be helpful.

When we have a mod asking on the open forum what happened to his thread, or when one mod starts a thread and then another mod moves then deletes it, or when the "Saved Threads" sub-forum morphs into the "Quarantined Threads" sub-forum?

That leaves the rest of us to wonder, who is in charge and what is the policy?

Personally I support what Ron (is it?) has been trying to do. More active moderation could be what the doctor ordered. However I'm just one of the troops. It's up to you, the mods, to decide what the policy will be going forward. Then hopefully let the rest of us know.

There is nothing to decide...nothing to change.
    What Ron has done is act on instinct so the forum is still a place to visit for a football fan.
    In house spats happen from time to time, always have always will.
    As for the saved threads forum becoming the 'quarantine' forum, there is nowhere else for Ron to put these threads unless they are deleted without them clogging the main board up. As for a moderator asking where his thread has gone, there doesn't need to be communication between us for us to do our job acceptably, just unified trust. Said thread obviously had a post on it deemed too offensive or had spiralled into a completely different topic...threads Don't get deleted for nothing.
    Even if Ron had opened a new thread saying why said thread had been deleted, the new thread would have been a target for whatever happened on the old.
    Don't worry, established threads won't be deleted...or threads with pictures on or anything else...just the threads that have no place here.
    As for y

I have been a" Mod " in my past, on a different forum tho, and it's very time consuming...So from me a big thank you and slap on the back to those wearing the Mod Hat(s) now...x

[quote="chimplad"]There is nothing to decide...nothing to change.
    What Ron has done is act on instinct so the forum is still a place to visit for a football fan.
    In house spats happen from time to time, always have always will.
    As for the saved threads forum becoming the 'quarantine' forum, there is nowhere else for Ron to put these threads unless they are deleted without them clogging the main board up. As for a moderator asking where his thread has gone, there doesn't need to be communication between us for us to do our job acceptably, just unified trust. Said thread obviously had a post on it deemed too offensive or had spiralled into a completely different topic...threads Don't get deleted for nothing.
    Even if Ron had opened a new thread saying why said thread had been deleted, the new thread would have been a target for whatever happened on the old.
    Don't worry, established threads won't be deleted...or threads with pictures on or anything else...just

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)