+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Played Burnley

Well Played Burnley

Good game, with Burnley playing with energy, skill and passion, driven on by an expectant crowd.

Two excellent goals so we can't really complain - they just happened to be better on the day.

Just got in, after my first visit to Turf Moor. Free parking in the town centre because it's a Bank Holiday, and easy to get away because the local fans stayed behind to celebrate.

Roll on Saturday, with hopefully the same team that played Reading on the starting line up!

re: Well Played Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by kapster
    Good game, with Burnley playing with energy, skill and passion, driven on by an expectant crowd.

Two excellent goals so we can't really complain - they just happened to be better on the day.

Just got in, after my first visit to Turf Moor. Free parking in the town centre because it's a Bank Holiday, and easy to get away because the local fans stayed behind to celebrate.

Roll on Saturday, with hopefully the same team that played Reading on the starting line up!
    Kaps
    Have to disagree with some of what you say there - thought Burnley were at best slightly better than the Bolton team we played at the Reebook, more of a hoof ball than skill but sadly we tried to play them at their own game. If you class energy as - falling down whenever we made a tackle then yes they had that in abundance. There was certainly an expectant crowd but had we played the same team that tore Reading apart then i think that expectant crowd may have got

Yeh,3 points on a plate for them today!.
    Uwe made it easy for them.
    Powder Puff upfront as per usual,must be the easiest first 45 mins de Burnley goalie's had in his career.!!!

I agree with that, we gave the game away because of the style of football we tried to play - their style not ours

Well done burnley but we might aswell just handed um promotion before game horrible performance drops r best 2 players from reading game plz do not sign collison or maynard terrible players cant see us winning playoffs

Claret in peace here. Good to see your positive comments for our win yesterday but it wasn't as easy as some are making out. I thought McClean showed energy and Fortune is a definite handful. Thought the difference yesterday was our back 4 who handled everything that you threw at us with composure.

Good luck for the play-offs. I have backed Derby, so they have NO CHANCE!!!

If you want to pay me, I will back the other 2 as well

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Nobles_Wig
    Claret in peace here. Good to see your positive comments for our win yesterday but it wasn't as easy as some are making out. I thought McClean showed energy and Fortune is a definite handful. Thought the difference yesterday was our back 4 who handled everything that you threw at us with composure.

Good luck for the play-offs. I have backed Derby, so they have NO CHANCE!!!

If you want to pay me, I will back the other 2 as well
    Very kind of you to say but we threw nothing at you. We were hopeless.

Uwe said in his post match conference 'it's a lesson learned'. Yes, don't change a winning team and rest players (who don't need a rest - Roger comes to mind) when there's only 4 matches to play plus play-offs, that is, if we don't f**k it up.

Best bit about the day was the hospitality shown to us by the adjacent cricket club. Pie chips and mushy peas, a good cheap pint and a warm welcome. Simply fantastic and thank you.

Hoof ball? Did you see our first goal?

Jocklatic has clearly been sat on the canal bank drinking cheap cider.

Hoof ball. What a load of bol lox. We hit the ball forward quickly to Ings SOMETIMES (who, by the way was streets ahead of others on the pitch yesterday).

If we played hoofball this season, we would have been found out. We mix it up. Play it through the midfield - get it wide for Trippier/ Kightly to whip crosses in - play it forward for Ings to run on to.

All this 'we were reduced to Burnley's level' is drivel. 8 clear of Derby says it all.

Glad some of you had a decent day out (result apart of course) - all the best in the play-offs - and thanks for the more realistic positive comments about our side who have bought 1 player (Barnes) - having sold Austin at the start of the season.

hoof ball or not we where dog **** and didn't deserve a goal.. rosler rotates far to much for my liking..decided to go on last min yesterday on train wish I hadn't of botherd we were that bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)