+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WE ARE GOING DOWN!

re: WE ARE GOING DOWN!

well said kro , if he'd been a normal manager he'd have written down his 'dream team ' from the players he had in the squad, used that side week in week out from the start of the season and said to the rest its up to you to play out of your skins in the reserves to get into my first choice side, that thriows down the gaunlet to the rest to perform to their best level, it means that the first 11 get used to playing alongside each other and gives a chance for team spirit and that ingredient where players automatically know where their team mate is going to be , you only have to look at the way stephen carr interacted with larrson overlapping runs, we had that with caddis and burke at the start of the campaign now nothing , i don't think there was a single example on saturday burke kept cutting in onto his left side as no one was on the overlap it was predictable and it lessened his impact. I'm pretty sure clark isn't sure what his best 11 is or should have been from the off

The optimist in me says we still have 2 good chances of picking up points. Leeds' season is over and they have nothing to play for and hopefully Wigan will have their spot in the play-offs booked and will rest players.

Then I remember whose picking the team and start looking forward to Walsall away next season.

KRO

Gidday bassman its pretty depressing isn't it I really think we should be much higher up the league but then we could not beat Doncaster Rovers or Bournemouth at home when we were kids we didn't even play Doncaster Rovers or Bournemouth. The teams that have topped the league have stormed it but the rest are pretty ordinary; Notts Forest are still in contention yet they field Matt Derbyshire, a poor player and a much lesser player than Zigic, Burke or Macheda. The bad thing is is that it appears BIHL might have a buyer it would be that much easier for the new owners to start trying to sort things if we could stay in the division we are in now. Ho hum!

I don't understand why taking into account the problem centreback position - surely the first position a competent manager would shore up - ie don't sell Joe Gallagher and not replace him; your replacement got Noel Blake, Byron Stevenson & Billy Wright for nowt - why we don't attack and attack and attack. I don't see why we can't play

Robinson has been our best player by a country mile this season

The new captain Burke needs to walk the walk instead of talking the talk. He never puts a foot into a tackle and is rarely close enough to an opposition player when they are in possession to prevent them making progress.

If Blackett is a professional footballer it's time for me to get me boots on again.
    He's scarily poor.

Clark has the brain of a daffodil !

Just hope Leeds 'gift' us the win we need.

As I have said before most of this team are thinking about the beach right now and have no commitment to Blues. Even Robinson, as club captain, repeatedly gets himself suspended. A rag, tag and bobtail club who are headed for the lower leagues. Gazulu got it spot on.
    Rg

Don't no about summer holidays how about

Twenty-six players are out of contract in the summer.

Eight of them are on loan. They will be returning to their parent clubs.

how do you fire up 26 players that are leaving ?
    it is a get real situation

It says a lot about where we are as a club that Robbo is our best defender, but he is. We'll miss him on the run in, he gets booked so often now because he is a bit over the hill and gets caught for speed, hence the desperation tackles, hence the bookings. He never gives less than his all - which you can't say for 50% of em.

If Clark manages to pick a side of his best players in their best positions, we will have a good chance of beating Leeds.

If he uses his usual random team generator machine we are buggered though. The man is an absolute idiot and out of his depth.

Gawd 'elp us.

KRO

i know Robbo gobbed off but in the games i have watched live and those i've seen highlights of , he is 100% committed and gets a damn sight closer to the attackers than his fellow defenders

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)