+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WE ARE GOING DOWN!

WE ARE GOING DOWN!

Clueless, gutless, no leadership, rudderless ship and a complete and utter lack of pride with anyone connected with the playing side of things have more or less consigned Blues to lower league football. With no-one left to make a decision over our disastrous campaign Clark was left to keep Blues in this division and that looks like a mission too far. Our owners have completely killed this club with their complete lack of knowledge and respect for the Blues, Clark would have been sacked by October but we have absolutely no-one at the helm who will make a call that will save us. We are in a desperate state and I see little hope for us.

re: WE ARE GOING DOWN!

i dont agree gaz clark has ****ed us , he underperformed with hughtons side , then the season after did even worse , this season his team selections have been bizarre , topped off by today which took the biscuit imo , i have watched the last two games and he learns nothing , i dont blame the players they do what they are told to the best of their ability , the basic rule is playplayers in their own position , even michael johnson left the commentary box at half time in tears if it gets to a bloke like that then there is something seriously wrong , he then had a go at clark on air after the game saying the buck has to stop with the man who picked the strting line up and that players must always be player in their proper positions , take my hat off to you and the others in the crowd , been ther got the tshirt mate

So who has let him underperform then? Who answers to this pile of sheite? I'm sure the fans don't. Pannu and his cronies have been missing most of the season and that's from people who work in the club. He's been left way out of his depth and allowed to carry on.

I hope not, I want as many midland clubs in the top flight as possible. Except Stoke

Come on Bassy if you look at the teams that we put out against Blackpool for the play offs Murphy, Mutch, Andros Townsend, Marlon King and others were gone or largely absent last season and since then Redmond, Davies and Butland have left, largely to pay for Zigic's wages. This was after virtually all of the 2011 Premiership team were sold.
    BIHL were responsible for all of this and for appointing Clark and keeping him, when he clearly is not up to the job. Their gamble failed when we got relegated after the League Cup victory and they are directly responsible for the mess that we are in.

We're facing the terminal point now and for the fist time today I found it impossible to defend LC's selection. It was an insult to experienced players and cruel to the less inexperienced.
    "If you can't win, don't lose," doesn't make for great entertainment: it's a simple, ugly approach that nonetheless has a chance of working.
    Morale must be on the floor and I have no idea how it can be lifted before Saturday's game and restored after it.
    That players seemed to stop quarrelling and show signs of positional competence when they returned to their usual position frame perfectly the canvas of folly we've been left with after today.
    Off for a few pints now. Take care everyone..KRO-I fear it might be near.

they are responsible for the club being in the state its in yes , but no sane person puts out a team like that ,there are teams above us with players who none of us would want in our side ,but they have managers who play simple understandable football , i doubt if any of our players know wtf is going on from one week to the other ,how many formations and changes of personel has the manager used since the start of the season , and how come virtually everyone on the t'internet could see that the side he picked would be hammered but he couldn't, the position in the league is down to the ridiculous tactics and team selections. check out the comments on twitter from ex blues players about clark's team selection today, thats something i've not come across before.

says a lot for me extract Bham Mail

The back four of Will Packwood, Tom Thorpe, Tyler Blackett and Callum Reilly was rearranged in the 29th minute with Blues 3-0 adrift and in a mess.

It had a callow look and Packwood, Thorpe and Blackett only have 31 league appearances between them - Packwood accounting for 16.

------------------------------------

Clark was without the suspended Paul Robinson and Jonathan Spector (ankle) as defensive options.

The back four of Will Packwood, Tom Thorpe, Tyler Blackett and Callum Reilly was rearranged in the 29th minute with Blues 3-0 adrift and in a mess.

It had a callow look and Packwood, Thorpe and Blackett only have 31 league appearances between them - Packwood accounting for 16.

Paul Caddis has played a lot of football for Swindon in central midfield and he has been outstanding in the last four games for us there, said Clark.

Will Packwood was terrific for 12, 15 games last season as a right-back.

And Tyler Blackett and Tom Thorpe have act

Having seen Blackpool and Doncaster in recent days I'm sure that they will pick up points in their remaining fixtures. Milwall and Charlton are also picking up points so we have to find at least three points from somewhere but can anyone see us getting another point before the end of the season?
    Incidentally I have just checked out Wiki and it shows that only Joe Mallett, John Bond and Garry Pendrey have worse win ratios than Clark during my lifetime.
    Rg

In the absence of decent broadcasts down here i have trawled the internet in recent weeks to try and make sense of this. I have honestly formed the opinion that with the players we have who seem to have for the most part good overall technical ability we should not be in the position we are. Bolt is correct having the two CBs recalled didn't help but then they weren't much good anyway, we already conceded a lot of goals. We had & have sufficient talent further up the field to win enough games. However he team is poorly coached; we don't move well of the ball in possession, we don't pass the ball well or incisively (mostly because if the lack of movement), and defensively we don't move well if at all as a unit. Despite the manager's call for "senior players to show more responsibility" all these faults can be corrected by proper coaching, which would appear to have been in short supply. The manager is a wantwit who seems rather too willing to blame the players for his own faults;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)