+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girls at football matches.

re: Girls at football matches.

Quote Originally Posted by cazzaswfc
    Don't recall that many girls at Hillsborough back in the 70's...certainly not the same numbers that attend today, when did they get interested in the game itself rather that just to hang out with boyfriends, still don't really know any female personally that actually likes the game that much.
    1990 and only after Gazzas tears...

Fecking women, took me about another 10 years to convince males that I was a serious football fan.

Also I can confirm I didn't have a boyfriend at 6 years old [/quote]

Wasn't thinking about you or like minded women cazza but I'm guessing even you know there's not many like your good self around & virtually none in the 70's...I think you even know more about the Blades than many Unitedites do...

Always happy to be one of the lads Aussie.

TBF it's one of my pet hates, females who go to "enjoy" the day out and once every four years invade the pubs in their newly purchased England shirts, whilst holding a glass of Chardonnay and talking about how it's a shame their favorite ever player David Beckham is not getting picked these days.

If you aren't prepared to make those Tuesday night away games to millwall then just FECK off you bitches

Oh and Katch, I'm always right, you know it and so do I

Quote Originally Posted by cazzaswfc
    Always happy to be one of the lads Aussie.

TBF it's one of my pet hates, females who go to "enjoy" the day out and once every four years invade the pubs in their newly purchased England shirts, whilst holding a glass of Chardonnay and talking about how it's a shame their favorite ever player David Beckham is not getting picked these days.

If you aren't prepared to make those Tuesday night away games to millwall then just FECK off you bitches

Oh and Katch, I'm always right, you know it and so do I

do you like cricket cazza?

Is there an incorrect answer Banno?

Since 1964(I was 5 then) I have only missed 9 games at S6, my spiritual home. (I was in hospital for each)In addition I have been all over watching The Owls and England - getting on for 200 plus grounds and more.

In the seventies many people (Women and men) stayed away because of the regular violence. In fact I believe the prescience of more females at games as helped calm behaviour. (Remaining Neanderthals apart)

The game,attitudes, atmosphere and environment has changed since then for the better. Maybe that's why more females, families and a cross section of society attend more regularly now. Generally the behaviour is all the better for it.

The policing has mostly improved too but could do more so in cases.(Although the attitude of many stewards leaves a lot to be desired)and games, especially away,for most, are an all day event where you can enjoy, chill out and relax and mix with friends, families and fans of may hues.(Though maybe not so much kick off to full time every t

Nice post sally...I think I fancy you now.

all us lads should start taking over the kitchen now

Feel free.

In my house the following can only be sorted by a male

Full English
    Sunday dinner ( inc Xmas dinner)
    Curry ( or any other Indian/ thia style meal)
    Spag Bol
    Steak
    Chilli
    Stew

Well trained

What about chips!

Real chips anall, done in beef dripping in a proper chip pan til they're nice and brown..Not these cardboard oven chip things that you have to soak in three pints of vinegar and a bucket of salt to get any taste out of em...

Mi mouths wattering nar, gonna get that chip pan art... ..mmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by braggyowl
    What about chips!

Real chips anall, done in beef dripping in a proper chip pan til they're nice and brown..Not these cardboard oven chip things that you have to soak in three pints of vinegar and a bucket of salt to get any taste out of em...

Mi mouths wattering nar, gonna get that chip pan art... ..mmmmmm...
    Go on then braggy do me some as well

Washed down with lots of alcohol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)