+ Visit Swansea City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swans v Aston Villa

Swans v Aston Villa

Can we get back to back wins on Saturday against Aston Villa at the Liberty for the first time in 58 games,since Dec 2012,a shocking statistic.
    Nine teams in the relegation battle,from 12th to 20th position,West Ham 12th on 37 points,Sunderland 20th on 29 points,only 8 points separating them.The biggest and closest relegation battle for years.
    On paper we will never get a better chance of winning four straight games,although statistics go out the window in a relegation battle. Home to Aston Villa who have 4 points (1W 1D 4L from the last 6 games,home to Southampton who have 7 points (2W 1D 3L) from the last 6 games,away to Sunderland who have 4 points (1W 1D 4L) from their last six games. Swans have 7 points (2W 1D 3L) from their last six games.

re: Swans v Aston Villa

Yea, shocking. We've just not been able to put a run together at all this season.

Last weeks win has put us in a more relaxed position where any points gained from now on is a bonus (Win puts us completely safe)

You're right, on paper great opportunity to push for four straight wins.
    We still haven't beat a Lambert side in the Premiership yet though.

2 back to back wins, we are safe and we can now take a breath

Villa surprisingly beat us in the possession stakes and lost. How many times have we done that this season,dominated possession yet ended up losing.
    So it's not all about possession,it's goals,and we scored plenty on Saturday. Shelvey MOTM for me,a wonder goal and two assists,as we cemented our place in the top flight for another season.

Allot will depend if your defence can handle Benteke whos in great form. Our defence is pretty solid and will hopefully cope with Bony.

We woz lucky today Bongo, happy new year

I felt deflated today after that. We deserved nothing from the 1st half but neither did Swansea. As I said the defence handled Bony well but we just couldn't finish our chances.
    I honestly thought we were the better team overall but picked the wrong team to start the game. It was way too negative.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad
    I felt deflated today after that. We deserved nothing from the 1st half but neither did Swansea. As I said the defence handled Bony well but we just couldn't finish our chances.
    I honestly thought we were the better team overall but picked the wrong team to start the game. It was way too negative.
    If Montero hadn't got injured I think it'd been done and dusted by half time, but he did and you went for it 2nd half so fair do's you were unlucky, I thought Sanchez was mint BTW.

I was glad when he went off. He was causing all sorts of problems.

I found some of our songs quite annoying though.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)