+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everton game

re: Everton game

Excellent Saints performance all round, dominant from start to finish. Expected more from Everton but not at all disappointed with the result.

Look much more solid with a fit Wanyama in front of the back four, reminiscent of the first six games of the season when we conceded twice.

Thought we were very good, and never really looked troubled - Everton will say they never got going, I'd say we never let them..

Clyne had Deulofeu in his pocket the entire game; Shaw [easily] won the battle of the left backs in front of a watching Hodgson; Cork, Wanyama and Davis [in particular] were immense in midfield; Lambert showed that he is so much more than just a target man with some lovely touches, great hold up play and wonderful vision; Lallana did his chances of a place in the starting line up against Italy no harm whatsoever..

Whilst the 1984 match might still smart, Saturday's result and it's significance to Everton did go someway to coating that particularly bitter pill with just a little coating of sugar..

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    Shaw [easily] won the battle of the left backs in front of a watching Hodgson;
    I'd have to agree with that too. Hodgson has some tough choices especially as Cashley has put in 2 excellent performances against Athletico and Liverpool. His current first choice left back is only 3rd in the form stakes in my view.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123