+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TV makes it worse !

TV makes it worse !

Jeezuz ! Just saw their goals on Sportscene. I knew we were poor, but FFS, the defending from midfield backwards was simply amateurish. Bang goes 3rd place IMO

re: TV makes it worse !

Cannae watch...result was bad enough first time round.

Helps if you watch with Benny Hill theme music playing in background - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid
    Helps if you watch with Benny Hill theme music playing in background

Thankfully i was not their saturday but after watching my boys team lose 5 1 on saturday morning and watching highlights or lowlights on sportscene it was amazing to watch the exact same mistakes from professionals as the 12 yr olds made as all goals were through the middle of the defence. With regards to 3rd or 2nd as still not gave up it will depend on next 2 home games and was always going to IMO if we can get 2 wins and it is possible we will be guaranteed 3rd and will possibly have a change at 2nd last game. We need to put that nightmare behind us and move forward as saturdays game is massive now.

I watched the lowlights on bbc,

We were lucky it was only 5

Thankfully i wasn't at the game but watching that on tv...Christ that was grim. Looking at our team before a ball was kicked in anger this season you would have thought our defense would have been the strongest part of our team. Maybe hutchie leaving could be a blessing, i'm not blaming him for our defensive woes, but maybe it could mean a better defensive unit. Saying that, the midfield have got to take some blame for our goals against column. Our defending in general is all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin
    Thankfully i wasn't at the game but watching that on tv...Christ that was grim. Looking at our team before a ball was kicked in anger this season you would have thought our defense would have been the strongest part of our team. Maybe hutchie leaving could be a blessing, i'm not blaming him for our defensive woes, but maybe it could mean a better defensive unit. Saying that, the midfield have got to take some blame for our goals against column. Our defending in general is all over the place.
    Exactly I do not blame Hutchison for our defensive woes (but he has been poor as part of a poor unit) Had he not been leaving I think McCall would be tempted to stay the course with our defence and frankly that doesnt bare thinking about for next season. The defence has had 12 months to get better and they get worse by the week. Hutchison leaving will force a re think, including goalkeeper, and thats no bad thing. If Sutton has a dry spell next s

I thought that at the end of last season, and was proved wrong. Who's to say Stuart McCall won't surprise us all again next season.

The goalkeeper is key...you can argue just how bad or not Gunnar and Hollis are but when the defence had a skinny ****ager behind them they played with much more confidence around Christmas.

I also think we miss Ramsden a lot - not only was he solid at right back, I think he helped prop up Hutch a bit, though that's based on only a feeling.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)