+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can Queens use Palmerston if Promoted

Can Queens use Palmerston if Promoted

Hi folks,

Dumfries born Hearts fan here looking for some info.

As you know we (Hearts) will be relegated unless by some miracle Kilmarnock are deducted points for illegal player registration. On our Jambos Kickback forum we are having a review of the grounds we could come to next season and I think it's fair to say most folk are looking forward to the Fife circle and Palmerston for great away days if Queens don't get through all the play off games. If you can get to the final and play Hibs, it will be a shoe in for you. They are gash.

What has been asked though re Queens is the state of play in relation to Palmerston being fit for purpose for the Premiership, specifically in relation to seating capacity. I believe Neil Doncaster has confirmed Palmerston's 3G pitch meets the FIFA and Premiership requirements.

I haven't read the new SPFL rule book but in previous years you needed 6k seats. If you don't already meet the seating criteria then planning permission and funding need

re: Can Queens use Palmerston if Promoted

Hearts will be very welcome next season should we not be promoted via playoffs
    As to your questions
    My understanding is the 6000 seat rule changed with the merger of the leagues.
    So Queens should be ok
    Not sure about development but won't happen anytime soon.
    I'm sure the board also have contingency plans should we go up.
    Hope you get to playoff game the more the merrier.

Thanks mate.

I'll need to read the SPFL rules.

All 200 odd pages of them

yes palmerstone is ok for the premier ,rules state a club only needs to meet the fifa bronze badge for there stadium since the spfl was formed even stranrear have that bronze badge lol .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)