+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Champions League

re: Champions League

You mean when he was a Spurs player?

I can tell you when he left Saints for Spurs we sold him for 7m. That went some way to paying for a shiny new training facility for the next generation of SFC talent.

First time ever for a CL final played between two teams from the same city.

Lisbon will be invaded by Madrilenos. That hasn't happened for a long time either.

Quote Originally Posted by BileysThere
    I can think of millions of reasons why we should be proud of our academy.
    Just out of interest how many millions were passed your way when Bale left Spurs?[/quote]

We got nothing as we had canceled the sell on clause in an attempt to stave off admin, rather than carrying on signing and buying beyond our means using Tax payers money, local business money and of course charity money. It is called paying your way and running an honest business.

That's not strictly true, we got a development fee of around one million poundsish. Papa had the figure somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow
    Good stat Kernow. I had to check it as I thought the Milan teams might've done it but they met in the semi.

There are really only about 4 Cities which could ever do this, Milan, London and now Manchester being the others.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    Good stat Kernow. I had to check it as I thought the Milan teams might've done it but they met in the semi.

There are really only about 4 Cities which could ever do this, Milan, London and now Manchester being the others.[/quote]

Maybe Rome as well

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown

There are really only about 4 Cities which could ever do this, Milan, London and now Manchester being the others.[/quote]

Maybe Rome as well[/quote]

I'd say that Lisbon and Glasgow have stronger claims than Rome given that one of their clubs has at least won it in the past. Why not chuck in Barca too, Espanyol might do an Athletico.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    That's not strictly true, we got a development fee of around one million poundsish. Papa had the figure somewhere.
    And Tommy yes, but in fact if we had not tried to balance the books and stave off admin, we could have got a huge sign on bonus when he moved. Damn and blast our honest dealings. I believe we did this also with Walcott, cutting the amount Arsenal had to pay in total in return for being paid earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by st_bangkok
    And Tommy yes, but in fact if we had not tried to balance the books and stave off admin, we could have got a huge sign on bonus when he moved. Damn and blast our honest dealings. I believe we did this also with Walcott, cutting the amount Arsenal had to pay in total in return for being paid earlier.[/quote]

Well I admire your good intentions, perhaps you could get those other GLDD's to cough up the 5.5m too.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart

Maybe Rome as well[/quote]

I'd say that Lisbon and Glasgow have stronger claims than Rome given that one of their clubs has at least won it in the past. Why not chuck in Barca too, Espanyol might do an Athletico.[/quote]

It's Atletico btw, NNTTM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast