+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What has to be done

What has to be done

Hi everyone

It has been a while since I posted 1 of my long rambling messages sharing my views on the club. As you know, it hasn't been an easy season for me (not just because I'm a red) but I have followed the boys as best I can. Here is my genuine opinion on what I think has to be done and I will try to be both realistic and operate within FFP as best I can.

Goalkeepers: Darlow, de Vries, Evtimov

Defence: Lichaj, Wilson, Hobbs, Cohen, Collins, Lascelles, Fox & Halford.

Midfield: Reid, Lansbury, Vaughan, Patterson, Osbourn, McLaughlin, Mackie

Strikers: Henderson, Cox, Blackstock

Out: Harding, Gillett, Moussi, Greening, Jara, Djebbour, Tudgay, Derbyshire, Majewski, Gomis, Peltier, Abdoun.

The release of these 12 players (even if we sold them for free or terminated contracts where necessary) would release approximately A?142k per week which is a staggering A?7.4m per year. We would still be left with a squad of 21 players.

Additions:

The squad would then require 1 centre midfie

re: What has to be done

Not much room there for Stuart to do what he wants to do which is bring players through and do what Nigel Clough did which is to bring the best of lower league talent to the club plus the occasional jewel he can persuade Fawaz to fork out on. Will De Vries want to spend another season as number two to Darlow. That's providing Darlow plus Lansbury and Lascelles can be persuaded not to join Premiership clubs.Has Blackstock any future at the club taking into account his injury and other troubles and wouldn't Collins and Halford be better off elsewhere rather than acting as bench warmers for the next season.

Just a slight correction, Next season the acceptable loss if the owner put his own money in is 6M rather than 8M which is this seasons limit. - view external link

Correct me if im wrong SBC.
    but them losses of 17 million were they not for the year 2012-2013 ? ,,
    your latest books 2013-2014 have to be shown the footbal league by December 1st.
    And from what i have heard, your losses are much greater than 17 million for the financial year 2013-2014.

been talking to guy i know this week who is quite close with a few people within our club, through him I've found out that Andy Reid has been messing around with Lansbury's misses also some players don't want to play with Abdoun, the club have released quite a few players already, these were just some of the main thing he was telling me what been going down this season within our club, i was only able to chat with him for little while this week, but when run into him again will get more details on more things happening behind the scenes...

You want to be careful what you say, storys like that can be classed as libellous.

As for SBC's opening post, the only comment I would make about releasing players is that if that unless they are out of contract then it isn't that simple.

It was a problem that we had that took Nigel a couple of years to sort out. We might have a player we didn't want and we'd be able to find a club that would take them, even on a free transfer, but unless they could match the players wage at Derby then the players didn't want the move in most cases. And because they weren't performing then other clubs naturally didn't want to pay them anywhere near as much as we were. So we were stuck with them.

In the end the club paid up some of the contracts to make up the difference in wage drops, so it saved us money but still cost us and that still had to be factored into the wage budget.

Fortunately we do have quite a few Out of Contracts which will drop of our payroll this summer including all those that Steve McClaren bought when he managed us. Perhaps you'll remind him of this fact should he still rate them. I just wonder what will happen to Derby when he has to recruit his own players and not rely on Nigel's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitesh
    been talking to guy i know this week who is quite close with a few people within our club, through him I've found out that Andy Reid has been messing around with Lansbury's misses also some players don't want to play with Abdoun, the club have released quite a few players already, these were just some of the main thing he was telling me what been going down this season within our club, i was only able to chat with him for little while this week, but when run into him again will get more details on more things happening behind the scenes...

All players that dont want to play with other players should be shown the door, the club should come first before personal agendas, but no doubt Stuart Pearce knows this so I won't teach him on how to suck eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidfromRedBank

All players that dont want to play with other players should be shown the door, the club should come first before personal agendas, but no doubt Stuart Pearce knows this so I won't teach him on how to suck eggs.[/quote]

Agreed. From what I've read of Pearce and his book, anyone not focussed on the job in hand had better watch their head. I do

Quote Originally Posted by Mitesh
    doesnt lansbury's bird/ex bird live down london and has done since he moved up here?how has reid found the time to get down there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast