+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin USA

Kevin USA

Massive disappointment after what we witnessed in his friendly debut against Hearts .

Hardly had a kick of the ball for Queens in recent months & hasn't started a game since Jan 4th

With a year left on his contract I wonder if he'll be released early or given another chance under Jim Mac

Thoughts please

re: Kevin USA

Released I would think Arrol. I read an interesting article about him a few months ago and he has, in the past, been to several European countries hunting a contract before
    coming to Scotland.

Wasn't present at ' that friendly ' which everyone gushes about.

However, any time he has been on the pitch competitively he has looked way out of his depth.

To be fair he only really featured in our ''bad half'' of the season, Antell in goals, defense all over the shop etc.

Don't really see much point in releasing him if he's still under contract.

Maybe he might be worth another go?

What about Danny? For me its been disappointing him not getting a game. Think weve been missing some drive and creativity from the wide areas. I fear he'll be away at the end of the season

Bit strange to be honest. He played a blunder at tyncastle where he looked a real class act. I would like to see him given a chance with the current team instead of mcshane for instance.
    As for danny he was consistently one of best players for 3 or 4 seasons. The manager system doesn't suit out and out wingers.

I have seen enough in Kevin to think he is worth keeping a hold of . Certainly an excellent passer but hasn't really been given a lot of chances .

Kevin is the best passer of a ball that I've seen in a Queens shirt since Chris Balderstone. I am amazed and dismayed that in recent games the manager has played Steven ('out for the rest of the season') McKenna and Derek Young ahead of him. True that he is not a great tackler but alongside the likes of McKenna he would be a brilliant playmaker. To be honest I think our midfield has shown little shape of late and we tend to by-pass them with the long ball over the top. Why Kevin is not worth a place in the team is beyond me.

An intelligent player. I hope he's still in the manager's plans.

if we go up he would fit into the team better with spl football having more time on the ball he certainly needs someone with a good bit of bite next to him in midfield unlike the midfielders who he was playing with at the start of the season

wonder if in games against big teams when u need a good midfield if playing with 3 central midfielders (mckenna kev young) would benefit us with two ball winning midfielders and a player who could play any pass he wanteed because he certainly has thje ability to ping a pass all over the field and that would help us controll the game more

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans
    To be fair he only really featured in our ''bad half'' of the season, Antell in goals, defense all over the shop etc.

Don't really see much point in releasing him if he's still under contract.

Maybe he might be worth another go?

What about Danny? For me its been disappointing him not getting a game. Think weve been missing some drive and creativity from the wide areas. I fear he'll be away at the end of the season
    Danny hasn't really been in the managers plans this season & I fear this'll be his last in a Queens shirt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)