+ Visit Norwich City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The bitter taste of sour grapes or...

The bitter taste of sour grapes or...

This may have been irrelevant a while ago and will obviously come across as sour grapes, especially to the kind-worded supporters from other clubs visiting this page, but given our situation; is this something to be looked into further?

See link below.

Sorry if this has already been brought up and squashed, but interested to get people's opinions... - view external link

re: The bitter taste of sour grapes or...

You make a very interesting observation, my opinion is what's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander, however the idiots the rule football take a different view.

In our position I would welcome a deduction of three points minimum, and before the holy than thou start having their say, any other club in the same position would jump at it

There can be but ONE set of rules, unless you're the FA.

Now DM earn yer money.

Couldn't agree more.

Yes, the ultimate argument is - well if the team played better and got more points, it wouldn't be an issue...

However, this isn't the case; and despite what any fan says, they would hope their club can do all in it's power to avoid relegation from the Premier League.

If i was looking at this from a neutral point of view, yes I would feel sorry for the team who were deducted points and relegated...but on the other hand I would feel sorry for the team who were relegated because a team were not deducted points when they should have been, in accordance to FA rules.

As said, yes it is a little "sour grapes" in some respect, but ultimately if the Premier League and The FA sanction rules at the start of the season, surely they should be adhered to...?

This is where The FA and Premier League are too soft with each. Not just with punishments, but the way they do/do not impose rules and regulations, in fear of upsetting each other; Such as wage cap...such as youth t

You would think this topic would have roused some interest, in fact quite a lot.

Not on here.

Know why you don' bother posting on here very often.

Nobody gives a feck cos your a non discript club...

Yes, it is a very valid point. Sunderland played this lad in four premier league games plus a League Cup match, reaching the final in the process. West Ham got away with playing Tevez and stayed up at the expense of Sheffield Utd. Other clubs, usually lesser ones, have been hit hard with points deductions. It's the lack of consistency that is really hard to stomach. One rule for one and a different rule for another. If we were in your place I would feel aggrieved.

You never know, we might beat Sunderland tonight and give you a fighting chance. Mind you, I wouldn't put my house on it!

Valued feedback spirewhite, much appreciated. Although, I would have thought a club with experience in points deduction would have had more to say...

Back to human life; you're spot on leicesterbaggie. As i said, I'd feel bad for either club, whatever the outcome. At the end of the day it's not the player's fault, therefore, should they really be punished for their efforts on the pitch?

In terms of consistency though, lets have a look at FIFA. They've only recently (2011-12) brought in the FIFA Financial fair play rulings and have proven that they will apply it to any club. Whether or not the vast sum of the fine is appropriate is another debate, however, the main point is they have stuck to their regulations and implemented the punishments accordingly.

I think people would feel less aggrieved if the Premier League offered an explanation, rather than trying to brush it under the mat. If they had come forward and said to all clubs that it was a "minor" offence with very little gained

Roberto, you must post on here more often, if only to stop me being dragged down to the level of the faceless brainless little toe rag that is Spirewhite, see I'm doing it again.

Think you will find that if the FL do take action against Sunderland it will be a hefty fine and possibly a transfer embargo...

Quote Originally Posted by spirewhite
    Think you will find that if the FL do take action against Sunderland it will be a hefty fine and possibly a transfer embargo...
    the FL ?? do you mean the PL? If so, they've already taken action against us, and it's not subject to appeal... the FL have no power to place any transfer embargos on PL teams.

Have you looked fully into what it's about?? I somehow doubt it. It's certainly not a Tevez scenario... Ji Dong Won was already our player, he was on loan to Germany and he came back. What happened was a technical hiccup on the paperwork, which the PL didn't even notice. Sunderland could have got away with it, but alerted the PL to what had happened.
    It was agreed a fine would be ample punishment. It was also outline to ALL PL clubs at the monthly managers meeting... and they all agreed ( bar WBA who wanted to consider their viewpoint ) that it was a genuine error and NFA was necessary.

All that's happened is some bored hac

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)