+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Forest in the Premiership, a Question of When Not If...

re: Forest in the Premiership, a Question of When Not If...

Tricky, you made the following statement yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    The momentum has now gone, crowds have fallen again and luck keeps them up.

I agree the momentum has gone, I agree crowds have fallen since the Munto days, but I have asked you politely three times to explain how luck kept us up. You don't have to answer of course, I just think that anyone who puts a statement like that on here should be prepared to back it up. It's good manners and common decency if nothing else. If you can't back it up, just admit you were wrong. You'll look a far better person if you do that than if you continue to run and hide. Regardless of club colours, I'd guess most people would agree with that in principle.

Taking the last game of the season for instance, you were lucky that Tranmere had a man sent off after 31 mins and then Notts being given a soft penalty. Oldham having a man sent off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by greenjacket
    Taking the last game of the season for instance, you were lucky that Tranmere had a man sent off after 31 mins and then Notts being given a soft penalty. Oldham having a man sent off as well.
    Plus the fact that they only minutes away from relegation until Lady Luck came along.

Quote Originally Posted by greenjacket

Ahhh right, so the other 45 games where we suffered some shocking decisions don't count then. It was all down to what happened in the last game. In that case your points total for the season was zero, so I'm sure you'll agree you were incredibly lucky to stay up

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidfromRedBank
    Plus the fact that they only minutes away from relegation until Lady Luck came along.

No, guts, desire and determination came along, although I understand if you're not familiar with those words.

Well, that and the fact that even a 13-0 defeat wouldn't have seen us relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie

No, guts, desire and determination came along, although I understand if you're not familiar with those words.

Well, that and the fact that even a 13-0 defeat wouldn't have seen us relegated.[/quote]

You should know your 'twin' Basie better than us. He's famous for spouting more crap than the average bull.

Notts Coutny would only have been relegated if they lost and Tranmere and Crewe failed to win. (From my understanding)

That is an enormous advantage from a betting perspective. (Something I do know about. In fact my friends and I are in constant touch with reporters and even 2 European television stations about match fixing and how betting works here in Asia)

To bet Notts going down, would require you to climb '2 mountains.' Climbing 1 to win is hard enough but 2...

It does sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    I used to think this EP had some modicum of intelligence, in the end it seems he's just the normal plonker we see so often at Notts.

At least if I make a statement I'll either back it up or apologise if it's wrong. I won't run away and hide like your mate Tricky. For most of the season when we were rock bottom and you were top five he was all over our board like a rash. Endless digs about League 2 and a host of silly pictures on a weekly basis. He ripped into Soccerman for his insistence that we would stay up, then you got stuffed 5-0 at Derby, we started winning a few and he hasn't been seen since. Take the p!ss by all means, but be man enough to take the flak if all your big talk goes tits up. That bloke is so yellow he makes The Simpsons look pale.[/quote]

You're so tiresome tha

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    He's just a tiresome old sod like our Basil, bookmarking each and every post we make. He wakes up each day and goes to bed each night wishing you'll come out and play with him.

And you accuse me of making assumptions on how people are thinking??? Pot, kettle, black anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    But hey, it's all fine and dandy when you make assumptions on our behalf, what we are thinking, how we are feeling, how despondent we are, how deluded we are etc.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345