+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football shirts..

Football shirts..

Do you pack yours when you go on holiday?
    Dan Flange packs his Saints shirt and his England shirt and very little else when he goes away.

Me, I feckin hate seeing English football shirts when I'm abroad.

re: Football shirts..

Always have a Saints shirt (or 2) when I go on holiday although I also take plenty of non football stuff too. Never had an issue with my Saints shirt - in fact quite the opposite.

I pack mine when I come to the UK.
    Does that count?
    Spent two weeks in Tunisia, a few years back, and a Wolves supporter was in the same hotel.
    Every shirt he wore had the a Wolves badge. We started looking out for him, to see what Wolves combo he'd be wearing next.
    Not long after this, I saw a survey that stated that Wolves fans were more likely to wear team shirts/leisurewear etc than supporters of any other team.

Reminds me of a "train announcement" comment, from Frankie Boyle I think, as follows.

"The next stop will be Birmingham New Street. Anyone wishing to change, for Wolverhampton, will be pleased to know that there is a JD Sports, opposite the station."

Its ok if you're a 9 year old I 'spose.

Not for me I'm afraid. Kids should do it, obviously, but the wearing of football tops abroad should be reserved for the northern element of this country (Southerners in Manure/Citeh tops being the obvious exception).

Me and er indoors are off to Vilamoura when the World Cup is on, can't think of anything worse than wearing an England shirt whilst abroad.

I shall also avoid the english bars when we are playing, full of middle aged gob****es getting all lemon when we inevitably get beaten by Italy and Uruguay

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint
    Me and er indoors are off to Vilamoura when the World Cup is on, can't think of anything worse than wearing an England shirt whilst abroad.

I shall also avoid the english bars when we are playing, full of middle aged gob****es getting all lemon when we inevitably get beaten by Italy and Uruguay
    Agree Shotts, why would anyone choose to go into an "English bar" anyway?

I had quite a heated discussion with Flange at work about this today.

The conclusion was, Dan's a kunt.

Quote Originally Posted by chief_wiggam

Agree Shotts, why would anyone choose to go into an "English bar" anyway?[/quote]

the 3 on the marina are the busiest by far, they sell english beer and show prem games and the golf.
    Personally i'd rather drink Sagres and watch Benfica battering everyone out of sight in the Portugese bars
    My missus also used to live and work there and gets better deals from the locals as well

Quote Originally Posted by chief_wiggam

Agree Shotts, why would anyone choose to go into an "English bar" anyway?[/quote]

OK, well there we agree. Not my scene either, I don't even bother with that here but my earlier post was aimed at quiet times not tournament times in 'English bars' abroad. I suppose it depends where you go on holiday as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast