+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PAUL DICKOV

re: PAUL DICKOV

Hi donnygadgy. Let me start by explaining that I got the SilverTop for my because I now have grey hair. And the 60 because I was 60 years old when I joined this form.

My grandfather was a professional footballer for West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers, and had Thorne Grammar School encouraged rugby instead of football I may have been player with Doncaster Rovers Youth Academy myself. Not that it is any good looking back now.

As I type this I am looking at the Official program for Rovers vs Barnsley Tue 11th Sept 1973 when I was on the Belle Vue terraces myself. We were 17th in the table and Barnsley were bottom with 1 point from 3 games. We beat Barnsley 1-0.
    The next home game was Rovers vs Peterborough on Tue 2nd October which we won 3-1. Again I have the program at my side.

I remember all those years in the 4th Division and the depressing years in the Conference 1998-2003 after Ken Richardson's days of infamy. And the torment I took from friends and work colleag

Donnygadgy, why don't you just delete your link to this website instead of coming on here and insulting everyone and everything. So easy isn't it?
    If you prefer the Viking website, then stay there. So easy isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by donnygadgy
    He means ( and says ) he is happy for you to educate him.
    I have done and wasted too much time on this shyte site,if anyone isn't aware JR explained to those that were online 7 years ago he brought TB and DW onto the board because he couldn't fund an attempt at getting to the Championship without them,therefore there would be no promotions,no JPT trophy...by the way i dont spend much time on here probably because of arseholes like yourself,i can give no better answer than for anyone to look at the post league table below and ask why they don't post on here anymore,some of who i know and have met,they,like me,are now members of the VSC,a shyte site like this isnt worth the time and i come here to tell visitors(supporters of other clubs that don't know any better,(hello Millers) that

SilverTop60
    User is Online
    TrialistNew member 8
    Posted 04 M

Be interesting to see who he brings in for the League 1 Season for Donny Rovers

The trick is to see who he plays in the friendlies against Bradford PA (9/7), Lincoln City (12/7), Grimsby Town (22/7), Sheffield Wed (27/7) and Rotherham (2/8).

He is looking at James Bailey (Derby), Peter Clarke (Huddersfield), Jon Otsemobor (MK Dons) and Elliot Kebbie (Hull) from other teams. Personally, I would like to see a real striker come in who can score for us. I see Theo Robinson did ok for us against Bradford last night so that's a start, but we need more, and Alex Peterson is still young. Losing our top scorer (Chris Brown) from last season is bad news and his replacement should be top priority. Sharp, Paynter and Cotterill have been our best in recent years but all have moved on leaving just Robinson.

Obviously, we have lost a lot of last year's players who think they are too good for League One even though last season proved they were not good enough for the Championship ! Hopefully, there new teams will just leave them on the bench all season as they will find team

I see the Dickov Magic worked it's usual wonders on the Lincoln game. A side that aspires to be in the Championship went down 2-0 at Lincoln, a Conference side. Yes, I do have a downer on him because he failed us last season and I don't see the coming season being any better with him at the helm. He cannot inspire players; just bring them in and sent them out on the day and then come up with excuses for their failure.

I know it's only a friendly, but isn't it a friendly for the Imps as well ? Beating a Conference side should be routine for a side with the ambitions of Rovers. Congrats to the Imps who will no doubt be elated at a win over a side with big ambitions. Dickov really has some magic to work to create a side anything like what is expected from a supposed Championship side.

I suspect Dickov has a little black book full of excuses for poor performances.

Well, I didn't have to wait long for another choice from his book as he now says "We lacked energy" against Lincoln City. They should be a vastly inferior side (no disrespect intended to the Imps) who have just as much of a reason to lack energy. If the team are struggling to just play half a game each after training God help them when the real season starts.

Kick butt or take a hike yourself, Dickov.

Quote Originally Posted by madirishsupporter
    He means ( and says ) he is happy for you to educate him.
    I have done and wasted too much time on this shyte site,if anyone isn't aware JR explained to those that were online 7 years ago he brought TB and DW onto the board because he couldn't fund an attempt at getting to the Championship without them,therefore there would be no promotions,no JPT trophy...by the way i dont spend much time on here probably because of arseholes like yourself,i can give no better answer than for anyone to look at the post league table below and ask why they don't post on here anymore,some of who i know and have met,they,like me,are now members of the VSC,a shyte site like this isnt worth the time and i come here to tell visitors(supporters of other clubs that don't know any better,(hello Millers) that

SilverTop60
    User is Online

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTop60
    Hi donnygadgy. Let me start by explaining it might be interesting to see what might happen if he joins up with John Ryan
    Yes if only Ryan had 2 pennies to rub together,anyone fancy badmouthing Bramall & Watson?

I said in my thread "Life is Tough as a Donny Supporter" 4/8/2013 because of all the boardroom antics involving the Sequentia takeover. I was proved right, and the result of last year's fun-and-games was relegation from the Championship.

A year on and where are we? Another round of failed boardroom antics as Ryan and Tomlinson fail in their takeover having already delayed signings of contracts due to the proposed takeover.

Is this the start we really wanted with the first game 9th August and no players signed on 19th July (Dick Watson and Terry Bramhall did not want to be involved in any contracts prior to the takeover)?

As I have said before, Ryan and Tomlinson never had the cash to buy players after buying the controlling shares. Having failed to raise nearly £2million from the fans, they couldn't provide adequate financial stats to the FA. Things never did ring quite true to me with these two owning the club.

So yet again, for the second year in a row, we end up back at squar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast