+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fantastic Support

Fantastic Support

It's been a long long time since Gresty Road/Alexandra Stadium has been buzzing as it was yesterday. I don't know where the extra supporters came from yesterday but you are all very welcome.

The noise singing chanting was exceptional from both the GRE and the main stand, as supporters we gave the team total support from the first minute to the last and the players responded. Together supporters and players showed what Crewe Alex is all about pride passion commitment.

Let's have more of the same next season please.

re: Fantastic Support

Like the Colchester game I decided to go into the GRE yesterday, and my god. We just didn't stop - I swear I ended up about 5 rows further forward when the second went in!

Great effort everybody yesterday. The fans were incredible.

Super support from the GRE and Main Stand today! None stop singing throughout. A great day and great performance!

Let's hope the club recognise the need to fill the GRE next year; it makes a huge difference. Drop ticket prices by a quid or two in that stand and lets have it rocking in 14/15!

UTA

Totally agree with you guys, the atmosphere was immense yesterday. Felt more like the play-offs than a relegation battle!.

When it's been called upon we've had some cracking support in places. Vale and Shrewsbury away being the standouts.

It's a shame the club won't do more to lower tickets and get the home games rocking more. I'd be in the GRE every weekend if it wasn't for bad attendances,though i put that down to the pricing.

Just makes me wish we could have the same atmosphere at most games, I'm fed up of sitting in the main stand next to people who won't even muster an applause for our team for most the season. (Not aimed at everyone or intended to offend, its just at a select few)

Agree with you comments Deano, I'm on the halfway line and even yesterday there were loads of people struggling to even clap at times.

I loved it yesterday that before the game in town, at the match, and after in Tesco, loads of people, way more than normal on a match day, were wearing Alex tops-made me proud!!

Preston supporting mate of mine said it was the best home atmosphere he's seen all season, bar Brentford (let's be honest Brentford fans have a lot to sing about).

I was very surprised how good us fans were yesterday. We get half the atmosphere that was yesterday per game it would be terrific!

The only reason the GRE was `fuller`was because the majority of the people were from the main stand.(myself included)
    If has been said the prices were reduced,season tickets as well,maybe it would have more support.
    Even better if the GRE was converted to standing like Brizzle.
    The Alex board have got to start looking to next season,cheaper tickets,freebies.(noticed about 5 balls kicked into the main stand,nothing in GRE).
    I know the Saints are a bigger club but they gave all the travelling away fans a free scarf,not much but it shows they think of their fans.

Best atmos of the season by a long way (though that wasent hard!) and that's with just over 5k home fans. Makes a real difference having good numbers in the GRE. Hopefully be like that a few more times next season but with the last match looking to secure promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by OgerAlex
    Best atmos of the season by a long way (though that wasent hard!) and that's with just over 5k home fans. Makes a real difference having good numbers in the GRE. Hopefully be like that a few more times next season but with the last match looking to secure promotion!
    You're too negative.I want the 3rd div champions trophy safely under lock and key in The Alex trophy cabinet with 3 games still to play.