+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peep Peeps Bar, Aberdeen.

re: Peep Peeps Bar, Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by 521buc
    I think some of the roughest pubs have the nicest down to earth people around..

I also think some of the posh places you go to are not as open and nice maybe a bit too serious..
    Agreed, the rougher pubs always seem a bit more accepting and less judgemental...you can relax more

Quote Originally Posted by WangOneIn
    I think some of the roughest pubs have the nicest down to earth people around..

I also think some of the posh places you go to are not as open and nice maybe a bit too serious..
    Agreed, the rougher pubs always seem a bit more accepting and less judgemental...you can relax more[/quote]

Yes indeed,
    The wife and auld buc here went into a pub in Glesga by gosh it was rough but as it was nearby we decided to go in..

I got a beer the wife asked for a wine they had no wine but I can tell ye the manager got a regular to nip across the road to the other bar they didn't even have wine either.. His daughter came in we a nice bottle of red and poured it into a half pint glass.. No wine glasses but what a laugh that night was. The juke box was in an empty lounge playing out music the regulars started singing and dancing even my wife ended up dancing we the regulars.. We had a ball can't remem

Find out what pub that was, Buc, sounds like some place.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBhoy

Just got a text from my sister she seems to think it's called Pinkston bar on Keppochill Road.. Fantastic place. There's even a wash hand basin screwed to where folk have a pi ss ..

There's also a 2inch gap below the back door letting in cold air..
    Brilliant.

Edit,
    It's also got Celtic connections looking at a couple of pics up on the wall..
    Like the pope..

Just got a text from my sister she seems to think it's called Pinkston bar on Keppochill Road.. Fantastic place. There's even a wash hand basin screwed to where folk have a pi ss ..

Brilliant.

Edit,
    Like the pope..[/quote]

I was born in an old tenement right across the road from the pinky, belting old pub, my auld maw still drank in it till the day she died, ma wee auntie lived up the stairs from it, as you say, good Celtic pub buc.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel

Brilliant.

Edit,
    Like the pope..[/quote]

I was born in an old tenement right across the road from the pinky, belting old pub, my auld maw still drank in it till the day she died, ma wee auntie lived up the stairs from it, as you say, good Celtic pub buc.[/quote]

Can see why your mum went to that pub she must have enjoyed life and having a good time she must have been down to earth and friendly..

Lucky man having a mum like that.

I took her indoors to a Killie game on the way back we had to wait on the train

We went into a pub (think it had a tim)near the train station place was rocking with 70/80's music/ singing

We stayed for hours and had a right good time

This place, Buc?

Brilliant.

Edit,
    Like the pope..[/quote]

I was born in an old tenement right across the road from the pinky, belting old pub, my auld maw still drank in it till the day she died, ma wee auntie lived up the stairs from it, as you say, good Celtic pub buc.[/quote]

Can see why your mum went to that pub she must have enjoyed life and having a good time she must have been down to earth and friendly..

Lucky m

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBhoy
    This place, Buc?

The wee dairy in the picture was there when i was a wean, only back then it was cheese cut by wires wrapped in greasproof paper, butter came patted with wooden paddles, and bread was fresh every day. A few doors up from that there was another pub called the auld hoose with again tenements above, in fact there was tenements right along that road and my maws auld school right behind, good memories, thanks for they nice words Buc, you're a gentleman.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)